JW Players editorial customers use a proprietary video content management system (a SaaS application on the web) to manage & publish their video content. Were looking for an experienced product manager to lead the full product development lifecycle from product discovery & identifying the most impactful improvements to leading go-to-market initiatives that measure the on-going success of the product after releases.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong product background with a proven track record of delivering delightful user experiences that drive positive business impact. You must be able to thrive & succeed in a fast-paced environment, & not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You are not only able to develop & drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in & get the job done.
What you will do:
- Define & execute product vision & strategy for customer video management & publishing journey.
- Understand the business issues & needs of our target customers & key user personas through various research methodologies.
- Work directly with internal & external stakeholders to collect input, define requirements, & release features that deliver on outcomes.
- Set priority across multiple engineering teams, create product collateral documents, communicate with internal stakeholders to deliver improvements to market.
- Work with product marketing on the go-to-market plans.
- Be an evangelist of the video management application by promoting new features to clients, defining success metrics, & accelerating adoption by enabling the sales team.
- Define, implement, report on & optimize the metrics that drive business & growth aspirations.
- 5+ years of product management experience in a B2B SaaS company, online media, online advertising, content publishing, or related services.
- Motivated self starter with a proven track record of being data-driven & analytical to take products to market from idea conception to launch.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to gain confidence from a strong engineering team.
- Experience building user interfaces for publishing workflows.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with a proven ability to clearly communicate at all levels in the organization, including senior management.
- Experience with the agile product process from the product management perspective, either as a product manager/owner or as a product-managing engineer
- Working knowledge of publishing workflows used at media companies
- Experience in with developer centric platforms like Twilio or Box
- Experience with publishing platforms like WordPress, Drupal,
- Experience with BI platforms like Looker, Tableau, Gainsight
About JW Player
JW Player is venture-funded, online video software company centrally located in midtown Manhattan. Our team culture allows you to manage your own timelines & projects while being a part of the fastest growing tech industryonline video. Our flagship product, the JW Player, is deployed on over 2 million websites & streams billions of videos each month. It is used by a diverse group of publishers, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual bloggers. Our family of products also include video hosting, live streaming, video analytics & a recommendations engine; all key components of the video stack for publishers.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.