Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, weve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital & helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why weve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
Do you love building & scaling high-growth sales organizations while iterating on optimal processes & maintaining quality performance? Are you energized about motivating & developing a highly productive team? Were looking for an experienced leader with a natural sales mindset to help grow the inside sales function of our Life Insurance business.
As the Director of Sales, youll scale, hire, & manage the Life Insurance sales function that supports the expansion goals of our business & serves the needs of our life insurance customers. Weve built a strong foundation for a productive & growing inside sales team & are seeking a new leader to continue driving us towards success. Reporting into the VP of Life Operations, youll work collaboratively to develop a long term sales strategy to move Policygenius forward on its ambitious plan to become a leader in fintech.
- Lead a team of sales managers & high-performing life insurance advisors to design & set aggressive daily, weekly, & monthly targets & drive execution towards key performance metrics
- Own all aspects of people leadership & success in the inside sales org: recruiting, onboarding, training & continuing education, licensing, performance management, compensation, career development, team structuring, staffing forecasting, scheduling/timekeeping, day-to-day tactical coaching & mentoring
- Proactively identify & problem-solve issues related to lead conversion, quality, capacity & service levels
- Collaborate with key stakeholders & partners to develop, champion, & launch new processes & initiatives to prepare the Life Sales team for scale
- Create a values-oriented team environment that rewards achievement, accountability & teamwork
- Develop & own the inside sales playbook for the company, including: multi-channel contact strategy for inbound leads, outbound & inbound call procedures & scripts, team workflows, escalation procedures, hours of operations, up/cross-selling, & quality assurance
- Provide timely & accurate executive-level reports of inside sales performance & forecasts of org needs
- Working with the VP of Operations, develop & execute the inside sales strategy to support growth & new product offerings
- 10+ years experience at a growth-stage tech or financial services company; proven track record of individual sales achievement
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing, training, & scaling a high-performing inside sales team in a high growth environment while recruiting & hiring top talent
- The ability to communicate, motivate, inspire & build trust with front line team members, direct reports, peers & executive leadership while demonstrating empathy, honesty & integrity
- Passion for coaching & mentoring on sales & customer engagement skills (e.g., empathetic listening, objection-handling, consultative selling, closing)
- Demonstrated success forecasting, setting goals & objectives, analyzing data & measuring sales performance to improve sales effectiveness
- Strong collaboration & decision-making skills & the ability to prioritize multiple objectives while meeting tight deadlines
- The ability to operate both strategically & tactically, & know when to toggle between the two
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, & self-motivation to independently plan & manage projects & budgets with a tight focus on execution
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)