The Vimeo player is built to showcase the amazing content that our world-wide community of creators is making everyday. If youre passionate around the latest video technologies, have a strong eye for product design, & are a creative thinker who can inform engineering best practices, consider joining our team. Our obsessive attention to detail in our player is apparent down to the border radius, & our player's iconic minimal aesthetic makes it special enough to spot a mile away. If you're dying to build the next viewing experiences (UHD, HDR, 360, VR, etc.) & take part in leading an engineering team that's second to none, we're dying to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Manage the playback engineering teams day-to-day operations
- Work closely with video product & video platform leadership to define, execute & deploy playback features & improvements
- Implement & improve creator tooling & playback features making the Vimeo player smarter & improving the user experience
- Refactor the UI rendering & data layer with the latest available technologies to improve cross-platform support
- Continue to improve playback quality in all types of playback circumstances across the globe
- Improve the performance, usability & overall experience of Vimeos video player by writing clean & reusable code using the latest HTML5 video streaming technologies
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ years leading engineering teams at scale
- Development experience within a dynamic web environment (Python, PHP, Node.JS, etc.)
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) experience
- Knowledge or experience working with DASH or HLS video delivery & playback
- Strong portfolio or public code (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.