Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer & we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) & strive to create an inclusive & equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing & improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives to join us on this journey.
Were seeking an Area Director of Operations to join our Operations team. The Area Director of Operations will oversee General Managers in assigned properties & directly report into the Head of Field Operations.
What Youll Do:
The Area Director of Operations is responsible for all aspects of the conference & workplace operations at multiple Convene locations. This role directs, implements & maintains the service, technology, production, & culinary philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff to ensure 100% client satisfaction. In addition, the Area Director of Operations oversees all aspects of the Locations/Property Management in accordance with Convenes vision, mission & values.
- Directly responsible for multi-property operations to include guest/client services; technology, facility maintenance, sales, food & beverage & human resources.
- Responsible for the employees of assigned properties & their success.
- Work in conjunction with the Property GMs & managers to ensure resolution to any & all guest/client & employee related challenges or concerns across department lines while adhering to the property & Convene policies.
- Responsible for hiring, training, reviewing & disciplining property leads & departmental managers up to & including termination.
- Ensure all employment laws are followed & employee paperwork is filled out & communicated appropriately.
- Responsible for proper orientation, onboarding, & job & safety training.
- Act as a resource & liaison when assisting property leaders in operating their spaces & coaching their team
- Provide all daily, weekly & monthly departmental reports as required.
- Immerse yourself in the community, create strong business ties with community leaders, & develop programs for the property to leverage these relationships.
- Manage, approve & navigate facilities repair & maintenance, while maintaining proper license & permits per state requirements.
- Ensure procedures are followed for security of monies, credit & financial transactions, & guest/client security.
- Conduct routine inspections of the entire property to ensure the appearance of such areas reflect highly on the Convene locations, brand & company & address all deficiencies.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing teams to establish & drive annual goals.
- Responsible for assigned annual budgets.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Adaptability: ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Building trust: ability to interact with others in an honest, fair, & respectful way; giving others confidence.
- Empathetic Leadership: lead with heart & take a coach-centric approach to developing the team.
- Communication: skilled at clearly conveying information & ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience & helping them understand & retain the message.
- Customer Focus: ability to develop & sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand & address customers needs.
- High Work Standards: sets high standards of performance for self & others; assumes responsibility & accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: ability to identify & understand issues, problems, & opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
- Flexible & long hours are sometimes required.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull & place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
What We Look For:
- Experience leading a Hospitality Operation with a significant catering and/or Conference Service component in a progressive environment
- Working knowledge Sales & Marketing
- Proven reputations as a coach-centric leader
- Knowledge of food & beverage preparation techniques, health department rules & regulations, liquor laws & regulations.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature & level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, & qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties & responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs & conditions.
Salary Min: $140k Salary Max: $150k
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums & maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience & other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs & operates meeting, event, flexible office, & membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. & UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, & a warm & welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting & work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality & lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industrys top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets & premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudsons Bay Company, Ares, & RXR Realty among its investors & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by magazine, Fortune magazine, & Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family starting day one
- Medical & insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug & recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work (when in the office)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team & the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork)