Editorial Assistant - XXL Magazine
Are you passionate about hip-hop music? Do you have extensive experience in editing & writing? If so, we would like to talk to you! Townsquare Media is looking for their next Editorial Assistant in New York City for the top hip-hop music website, XXL Magazine. The ideal candidate has substantial editing & writing experience. This person also has strong relationships within the music industry, with a passion & talent for all things hip-hop.
- Write daily news items & have a knack for uncovering stories.
- Use contacts & relationships within the industry to chase stories.
- Have a thorough understanding of the XXL audience & knowledge of how to correctly angle stories.
- Write various pieces of website content in addition to news.
- Conduct interviews & transcribe interview content.
- Be able to manage multiple projects at any given moment
- 3-4 years of experience writing & editing online.
- Strong writing, re-writing, & editing skills.
- Understanding of social media audiences & how they interact online
- Creative mind to come up with interesting & compelling story ideas.
- Extensive hip-hop knowledge, & connections to uncovering the latest in hip-hop news.
- Strong multitasking & communications skills.
- Able to make strong connections & build relationships within the industry.
Townsquare is a media, entertainment & digital marketing solutions company principally focused on small & mid-sized markets across the U.S. Our assets include 318 radio stations & more than 325 local websites in67 U.S. markets, approximately 550 live events with nearly 18 million attendees each year in the U.S. & Canada, a digital marketing solutions company serving more than 11,750 small to medium sized businesses, & one of the largest digital advertising networks focused on music & entertainment reaching more than 50 million unique visitors each month. Our brands include iconic local media assets such asWYRK,KLAQ,K2andNJ101.5; acclaimed music festivals such asMountain Jam,WE Festand theTaste of Country Music Festival; unique touring lifestyle & entertainment events such as theAmerica on Tapcraft beer festival series, theInsane Inflatable 5Kobstacle race series andNorth American Midway Entertainment, North Americas largest mobile amusement company; & leading tastemaker music & entertainment owned & affiliated websites such asXXLMag.com,TasteofCountry.com,Loudwire.comandBrooklynVegan.com. Additionally, Townsquare also operates Townsquare Cares, a non-profit organization that seeks to better the lives of troops & their families.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Medias employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.