LendingHome is a real estate tech company. We won our leadership position in the hearts & minds of our customers by leveraging technology & data to solve their financing needs, & are now building on that success to offer them additional services to help them build & grow their businesses.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access & simplified a way for real estate investorsboth novice & experiencedto get financing, generate wealth, & build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $7 billion dollars worth of loans across about 32,000+ projects, becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology & the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has grown to a team of over 300 & has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, & many more. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
Loans funded: More than $7 billion
Market Share: Increased from ~2.5% in Q1 2020 to over 5.5% in Q3 2020.
Financial Impact: Since April 2020, LendingHome has been profitable every month, a rarity for a fast growing fintech company.
Geography: Lending in 28 states, which account for more than 80% of the nations real estate market
Homes financed: About 32,000
Principal & interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
Employees: About 320 employees, scaling to 400 in 2021
This is a position that can be based anywhere in the United States, remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country & build diverse teams, while allowing our teammates to work from the location that works best for them, whether that is their home office or one of our office locations. We have offices in San Francisco, CA & Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local & want to work from the office. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates & drive creativity & innovation.
The Accounting team ensures all money movements can be accounted for & ensures LendingHome can generate valuable insights from financial reports. We partner with all areas of the business to ensure compliance with policies & procedures.
LendingHome is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant, Equity to own the day-to-day equity accounting & administration activities. The Senior Accountant, Equity will be a key liaison between Accounting, Finance, Payroll, HR & Legal. The ideal Senior Accountant, Equity candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment & welcomes the opportunity to make a difference in a growing, fast-paced organization.
- Accounting for Company equity transactions, including stock-based compensation expense & employee stock purchase program accounting
- Supporting the external reporting & audit needs by preparing the equity footnote & Statement of Shareholders Equity
- Calculating basic & diluted earnings-per-share
- Performing & validating the valuations with the assumptions of employee option grants & employee stock purchase program, based on the Black-Scholes model
- Supporting the accounting team with research & documentation for a variety of complex & non-standard transactions as well as general corporate accounting matters, based on the U.S. GAAP
- Recording journal entries, preparing balance sheet reconciliations & equity roll-forwards for Companys equity-related accounts
- Implementing , enhancing & maintaining the appropriate equity databases to ensure the accuracy at all times
- Partnering with payroll, accounting & tax teams on all equity reportings
- Performing & validating reports from the equity databases, including but not limited to cap tables, participants' summary & details
- Ensuring that internal controls, policies & procedures are documented & followed appropriately with audit trails for the compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Collaborating with the HR team to ensure equity compensation is included in the compensation analysis
- Assisting equity-related education materials in collaboration with the HR & legal teams
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- 3+ years experience required, in equity management & equity accounting in a publicly traded company, Big 4 experience preferred
- Strong experience required with stock options, RSUs & employee stock purchase program
- Comprehensive & current understanding of ASC 718
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of materials & information
- Able to work independently & effectively cross-functionally with various stakeholders
- Able to multitask, prioritize, work efficiently & effectively under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy & attention to details required
- Strong organization skills, good work ethic, & excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience working with stock administration systems like Carta, Shareworks or EquityEdge preferred
LendingHome in the News
Benefits & Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, & move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches & Bagel Wednesdaysand don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks & drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, & passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent & welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions & a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, & vision plans ensure that your mind & body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49