App Annie delivers data & insights to succeed in the app economy.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
The Marketing Manager, Japan will oversee all marketing for the Japan region both driving business goals for the region & helping App Annie to fulfil its global marketing initiatives. You will lead the marketing team in App Annies Japan office in Tokyo, working closely with the companys marketing leaders throughout APAC countries & globally. Youll be responsible for building out App Annies Japan marketing roadmap to market its analytics & market data platform to Japans hottest & most influential companies in the technology, gaming, investment, mobile commerce & media industries. You will be tasked with driving forward App Annies business objectives in the region, including brand awareness, user growth, lead generation & new business revenues. Youll be tasked with communicating App Annies acute value proposition to the companies that dominate Japans mobile economy. The role will report directly to the Director of Marketing, APAC.
How will you be doing this?
- Responsible for understanding & interpreting the business objectives of the Japan region & developing an overall marketing strategy that can help the team reach those goals.
- Drive both user growth & revenue growth for App Annies analytics & market data platform in the Japan region.
- Developing & managing demand generation, across multiple channels (digital, events)
- Drive App Annies content marketing machine in the Japan region, delivering app market trends to the regions top tier journalists & analysts, as well as App Annie users.
- Work closely with the sales teams to understand key opportunities for new business growth & working to enable regional sales teams with marketing messaging that speaks to their audiences.
- Drive account & industry marketing plans (including Account-Based Marketing, growth programs, & C-level activities):
- Growing new leads, & developing nurturing programs to convert them into marketing-qualified lead.
- Optimize account engagement & Lead to Opportunity funnel
- Track on our CRM & ensure follow-up with the sales team
- Work with SDRs to ensure MQL are leveraged. Ongoing correction & optimisation of the model.
- Developing customer marketing campaigns to help generate incremental revenue & educate our customers on new products & capabilities.
- Build, lead & manage the Japan marketing team. Act as a pivotal leader in the Tokyo office & communicate App Annies marketing vision to everyone in that office.
- Work closely with Global marketing leaders in online marketing, product marketing, content marketing & corporate communications to implement marketing best practices in the region. Work closely with APAC Marketing Director to inform regional marketing strategy.
- Be the voice of the Japanese customer back to global product marketing, helping drive compelling customer insights & case studies that inform App Annies product strategy.
What will you bring to the team?
We are looking for a genuine marketing leader borne of the mobile apps ecosystem, comfortable with driving freemium, developer & enterprise marketing across multiple verticals.
- 5-8 years of marketing experience with a mobile apps and/or B2B technology industry background.
- Deep knowledge, expertise & passion in the mobile app or digital content industry.
- Japan marketing experience & strong understanding of what works in the local region
- Ability to effectively open up a high-growth lead pipeline through well-engineered content marketing & lead generation programs.
- Strong record of delivering marketing & business results, partnering with & enabling sales teams to achieve great things.
- Natural leader who can effectively communicate a vision & motivate others to drive towards that direction.
- Strong quantitative & analytical abilities
- Experience working in partnership with a global organization a major plus.
- Native in Japanese & professional proficiency in English
- Youre a mobile fanatic, positively curious & a technology enthusiast.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation & equity
- Reimbursed lunches Monday through Friday
- Paid leave days
- Social & labor insurance packages
- Commuter benefits
About App Annie
App Annie delivers the most trusted app data & insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 1 million registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses & the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing from investors such as e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, Greycroft Partners, IDG Capital Partners, Institutional Venture Partners & Sequoia Capital.
App Annie does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Any unsolicited agency resumes received will be treated as the property of App Annie, & App Annie will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
App Annie is an equal opportunity employer. App Annie values diversity, & all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements & individual qualifications.