THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
The Culinary Team is looking for a passionate & talented Winemaker to join our team. You will be responsible for all wine making decisions to ensure that our wines are of the highest possible quality. Our focus is on introducing our customers to incredible wines from single-vineyards that reflect their terroir.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Oversee all winemaking for Blue Apron Wine, including technical direction on blending decisions, implementation & maintenance of quality control standards, & laboratory operations
- Manage vineyard quality evaluations, grape sourcing & grape picking decisions
- Coordinate fruit deliveries & grape crushing/pressing activities
- Organize & direct cellar work as needed
- Assist with all wine purchases and/or sales
- Manage production schedule on a weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual basis
- Provide recommendations on production projections & capital purchases
- Assist in the development of departmental budgets
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the winery's policies & applicable laws
- Ensure timely & accurate filing of all required internal & external (e.g. government) reporting & documentation
- This position will be based in California & will require travel to partner vineyards & significant time on-site at our winery premises
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Enology
- Minimum of 5 or more years of direct winemaking experience with wineries of 30,000+ case production; premium winery experience highly preferred
- Must possess exemplary wine tasting skills with the ability to perceive subtle differences in wine (acidity, flavors, flaws, etc.)
- Work (interpretation, analysis, etc.) with phenolic data required
- Working knowledge of viticulture
- Ability to operate an automobile for business purposes
- Working knowledge of cellar operations. This is a hands-on position.
- Spanish language fluency is highly desirable, but not a requirement
- Computer competency, including MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.