BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
The BuzzFeed Post Production Team is looking for an experienced & dedicated Post Production Supervisor to fill a Project-Based role that directly oversees Post Coordinators & Digital Video Projects. The ideal candidate will manage Post Resources + Projects in a Digital, Remote Post Ecosystem. Ability to work effectively over video chat, emails & Slack communication is a must.
- Directly manage Post Production Coordinators
- Oversee coordination of daily tasks & Post Production Resource schedules
- Partner with Production to build + upkeep video product timelines + budgets
- Oversee Post Production process is followed across multiple teams & departments
- Ensure all assets are delivered on time, upholding to Post Production standards
- Verify legal clearances & platform standards are upheld
- Ensure Quality Control for all final assets
- Manage Cost reporting across projects, ensuring budgets stay within margin
- Organize & update Post Production SOPs & comms across departments
- Build relationships with Creative Video + Production leads across BuzzFeed
- Organize + track all administrative paperwork
- Identify problem areas quickly & pose creative solutions
- Provide guidance & mediation for any arising issues internally & externally
- Provide Leadership & mentor support for Post Coordinators
- Participate in forecasting resources, & screen/interview potential candidates
- Assist in training for Post Production Team + across departments as needed
- Bachelors degree in Film, Communication or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in a management position for the digital space
- Advanced knowledge of Post Production & Production process & equipment
- Proficient in Project Management tools (Float & Airtable are a plus!)
- Experience creating & actualizing Post Budgets
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS & Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder & After Effects
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines & deliverables
- Effective leadership & communication within a team environment
- Emphasis on organization & attention to detail
- Proactive & positive team player
- Ability to guide projects from end to end independently
- Knowledgeable of current social media & digital video platforms
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.