Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
As a global, innovative player in the cross-border Money Transfer space, WorldRemit navigates a complex world of local regulations & diverse Compliance requirements. Our customers can send from over 50 countries to over 150 countries. This leads to a complex network of regulatory expectations to balance against our ongoing efforts to deliver a fantastic experience to our customers. In this role, youll understand the global AML & KYC landscape, interpreting the requirements into how it impacts WorldRemit & helping us turn these requirements into product features that offer the best possible experience for our customers.
As Compliance Product Manager youll be focused on this business-critical area, owning a broad domain that encompasses KYC, customer onboarding, Anti-Money Laundering requirements. In this role, you will:
- Own our internal Compliance applications. Youll be an expert on our processes & lead the way in where we go next.
- Identify ways to improve how we stay compliant while keeping our users at the forefront a poor KYC experience can lead to dissatisfied customers, youll work to ensure we have a slick, frictionless but effective KYC process.
- Develop a strategic vision of how we can achieve best in class Compliance products, particularly focusing on automation & reducing friction.
- Create a roadmap that speaks to this long-term vision, aligned to business goals, while creating space & quick wins for short-term gains.
- Bring this roadmap to life with a hands-on approach to Product Management, working closely with the engineering team to have a detailed understanding of the problems, opportunities & solutions.
- Help lead the way for how we approach new markets, adapting our user journeys to meet local needs while still offering a fantastic service to our customers.
- Unify Compliance & Product. Youll work closely with our Compliance teams in UK, USA & APAC to understand their needs & align on how to deliver them.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Youll have experience building digital products in agile/scrum environment.
- Youll have experience of KYC & AML requirements.
- Youll have strong experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- Youll have a proven track record of being a great communicator, working with different stakeholders from across the business.
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday afternoon tea drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code.