Were looking for a Sr Director, Customer Experience to lead & strategically set the direction of our world-class customer experience team. We think of Customer Experience first & foremost as a marketing function, & always push ourselves to ask: How can we turn every touchpoint the customer has with our business into such an expectedly positive opportunity that they feel compelled to tell their family or friends about it at the dinner table that night? A core tenant of our CX function is thinking about going beyond what our customers expect to leave a meaningful memory of our brand.
In this role, youll partner cross functionally with the leaders of our Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, Creative Strategy, People, Legal, Digital Product, & Operations teams to build forward looking & goal-oriented strategies that scale with the business. Youll work to prioritize workload & manage execution to work to achieve internal efficiency & customer happiness. This role will manage & develop our existing team of high-performing associates & managers, & continue to build out & iterate on team structure as we scale. The people & processes behind the customer experience team are pivotal to the brand experience of our customers, & were looking for someone that deeply understands & believes that. The role will report to the co-founder & CEO, & is based in our Soho, New York headquarters.
What youll do:
- Develop strategies, implement, & consistently execute on best-in-class customer experience standards as our business grows & scales; our goal is to turn our customer interactions into brand evangelism, including referral & loyalty
- Lead & manage a current team of 30 CX team members
- Own the financial, operational, & marketing performance of the CX team, including consistently identifying opportunities to improve
- Coach managers on their own development as well as the development of their directs, doing so thoughtfully & with boundless enthusiasm
- Take full responsibility for team performance & engagement
- Contribute to a fun, friendly work environment thats aligned with achieving operational excellence
- Lead the strategic roadmap of everything CX including systems/tools, resourcing, & new programs
- Utilize customer insights & data to systematize recommendations that will further drive customer loyalty to the brand & strengthen Aways customer experience
- Monitor industry trends for best practices & technologies
- Be a thought partner across the organization around our customer-obsessed strategy as we expand to new international markets
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop & execute new company-wide initiatives
- Embody our core values & add to our culture. Youll help set the tone across the team of what it means to be customer-obsessed.
Who you are:
- You have 10-15 years of experience working at customer-centric organizations, including experience in leading customer experience teams
- You have a deep understanding of both traditional & newer support channels including phone, email, live chat, text message, etc.
- You are a true listener & believe it takes multiple points of feedback & perspective to develop the right strategy
- You are data-driven & goal-oriented you measure success both quantitatively & qualitatively, & understand the importance of both
- You are highly strategic, always thinking about the bigger picture over many time horizons, but can also roll up your sleeves & execute when needed
- You partner effectively with others in order to provide solutions in all areas of the department & overall business, & youre able to multi-task & manage multiple projects at once.
- Your communication skills are unrivaled, & you know how to make people listen & understand
- You are curious & resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems & seek new information, yet also accessible to all team members & eager to solicit feedback
- You love making customers happy
- You have experience mentoring, coaching, & developing people, & want to inspire their best work
- You love to travel (but that's a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com)is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.