BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is seeking a collaborative, transformational, strategic & innovative Talent Acquisition leader, with significant experience in diversity recruiting, & demonstrated ability to influence & support senior leaders & key stakeholders. The VP, Talent Acquisition has a significant impact on defining & executing a talent acquisition strategy that will include a focus on attracting underrepresented talent. Additionally, this leader will be hands-on & be expected to take on some senior level searches, as needed.
- Design & develop a scalable recruiting strategy to include attraction, sourcing, hiring manager training & consultation, internal mobility, & candidate/stakeholder care.
- Drive innovation & operational efficiencies to create a best in class talent acquisition organization.
- Design & deliver innovative & adaptive talent acquisition strategies, in partnership with business leaders & the greater People Team
- Oversee recruitment process, allocation of work & workload management for team of recruiters/sourcers to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to the Recruiting team on processes, creative solutions or tools for challenging searches, managing expectations of hiring managers & candidates.
- Drive accelerated cultural & operational change within the Talent Acquisition team to become a more collaborative, analytical, digital, technology-enabled & customer centric People function.
- Create & inspire effective development of targeted attraction methods (e.g. conferences, networking opportunities, social media campaigns, etc.) to support BuzzFeeds recruitment & Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging initiatives while generating candidate interest.
- Implement a metrics-based approach to ensure the company hiring plan is achieved efficiently, using benchmarks for planning purposes & taking a data driven approach to quickly identify & solve pain points.
- Provide mentorship, guidance & career development to the Talent Acquisition team.
- Consult with executive leadership on talent acquisition strategies, & lead/develop a high performing team that delivers those strategies at all levels of the organization.
- Work closely & in partnership with your People Team colleagues to provide a strong candidate experience & define new industry trends.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of relevant experience & education.
- 10 years of experience & expertise as a talent advisor & people manager or equivalent experience
- Proven track record in designing & implementing technical recruiting strategies that yield hiring results, specific to technology-based roles.
- Demonstrated success in managing a high performing team
- Ability to develop deep trust-based relationships & influence different stakeholder groups directly & indirectly
- Expertise partnering with other senior leaders & have a service mindset
- Outstanding communications, presentation, & influencing skills
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Broad network & deep passion for digital media, news & entertainment
Just because you dont meet every requirement doesnt mean we dont want to hear from you. If you think youd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.