Title: Sr Staff Engineer, Programmatic
Location: New York City
Reporting Relationship: Sr. Director of Engineering, Programmatic & Partner Products
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data & analytics that authenticates the quality & effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands & media platforms. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at http://www.doubleverify.com.
The Staff Engineer, Programmatic will join & lead DVs Programmatic software development team & will use industry standards & latest technologies to enhance our programmatic & platform products. DoubleVerify runs mission-critical systems that process billions of real-time transactions a day, hence performance & scalability considerations would guide you throughout each project. You will experiment with new & cutting-edge technologies designed for large scale, distributed systems, Big Data & Ad Tech solutions.
- Join a great team of motivated engineers & collaborate in developing critical, large scale, distributed services for DoubleVerify's Programmatic & Platform products with strict SLAs
- Provide technical leadership in architecting & building mission-critical distributed systems
- Mentor, guide, & on-board other engineers & review their code, design & other artifacts.
- Work closely with the Product team to understand product requirements & ensure that deliverables are timely & of high quality
- Write solid code with the focus on high performance for services supporting high throughput & low latency
- Design, develop & test new features & improve existing systems
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience working as a Sr. Software Engineer
- Expertise in Java (1.8+)
- Familiarity with Python or similar high-level language
- Experience in a building large distributed backend systems using multiple open source technologies
- Experience in building highly resilient, scalable REST-based services
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and/or Docker & CI/CD deployment pipelines
- Familiarity with stream processing of large datasets & related technologies
- Excellent SQL skills - has proven record of making data driven decisions
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills including the ability to write detailed technical documents
- Experience working in Ad Tech industry