Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
Casper is seeking a Product Design Engineer to join our growing team. You will use your technical expertise in mechanical engineering to shape the design & development of a broad range of physical products, including furniture, mattresses & soft goods.
- Work directly with a team of industrial designers, design researchers, & product developers to develop new mattress & pillow products & lead the continuous improvement of existing products.
- Lead all new product performance claim & reliability testing, with collaboration from quality, compliance, & marketing
- Manage Casper Lab equipment & testing procedures
- Build upon Casper ergonomics research, integrating learnings into new products & leading new ergonomics research products
- Work in different materials & fidelities, from quick experimental mock-ups to meticulous mechanical prototypes.
- Develop CAD databases & drawing packages to support the development of products & handoffs to manufacturers.
- Research materials & component technologies to scope development opportunities
- Conduct field failure analysis & solution evaluation for production product issues
- Source & engage with manufacturers & vendors
- Work with Manufacturing & Quality teams to launch new products & manage ongoing improvements on in-market products.
Our Dream Candidate Has...
- Is passionate about creating new physical products, with 8+ years of product development experience, ideally with a focus on furniture, soft goods, and/or consumer products
- Is experienced working with a variety of materials including, but not limited to, polyurethane foam, textiles, upholstery, & plastics
- Supports design decisions with engineering calculations, research, & experimentation.
- Strong foundation in mechanical engineering fundamentals, including solid mechanics & thermodynamics, & knowledge of basic engineering materials & manufacturing processes
- Proactive problem solving, with experience in failure analysis, root cause investigation, & DOE creation
- Is skilled in SolidWorks 3D CAD
- Basic GD&T knowledge & experience releasing 2D drawings
- Working knowledge of FEA principles
- Has shipped product.
- Experience working through DFM challenges with external vendors
- Has experience with Product Lifecycle Management tools (PLM software), requirements management tools and/or configuration management
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Pursuant to the Companys COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must show documented proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, subject to applicable state & local laws & legally required exemptions, including a medical condition, disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to the vaccination requirement in accordance with applicable law.