Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The IT Operations team is a diverse group of technology professionals responsible for the systems & network infrastructure that powers Rent the Runways corporate offices, warehouses, retail stores, & drop box locations. You will be joining a strategic group that cross functionally services the Rent the Runway business & partners across the entire enterprise. The IT Operations team is helping the company achieve scale by enabling expansion to new sites, as well as driving innovation & efficiency throughout the businesses IT processes.
About the Job:
We are currently looking for a passionate & analytical network engineer. Our team builds, maintains, & supports our internal network infrastructure for all offices & warehouses. You will play a leading role in the future of our infrastructure & help us design & implement our network design at all our offices with scalability, efficiency & security in focus.
What Youll Do:
- Share responsibility for office infrastructure including routing, switching, wireless, firewalls, circuits, datacenter design, site-to-site as well as client VPNs.
- Collaborate with other engineers to diagnose, resolve, & prevent production issues.
- Manage administration of our systems such as log management & monitoring.
- Participate in the teams on-call rotation.
- You have strong work experience in the network engineering field, preferably with a similar, high tech, high energy company.
- Experience with Juniper & Palo Alto is a must.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols (OSPF & BGP).
- 3+ years hands-on experience with routing, switching, & network design.
- 3+ years of experience supporting firewalls (we use Palo Alto).
- Solid experience with open source environments, including automation/development building blocks such as Python, Git, Ansible & others.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Provide troubleshooting guidance & training for Tier 1 IT support & 24x7 Tier 3 IT Network Support.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.