The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This position will report to the Lead Valuations Manager, Fashion. Key areas of responsibility include facilitating client-facing appointments, pricing & authenticating handbags & fashion items, ensuring a luxurious client experience. The Valuation Manager should have an entrepreneurial spirit & be dedicated to growing their respective office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate Luxury Consignment Office appointments, working with clients to provide a relaxed non-contentious experience that educates them on the value of their jewelry & watches in our marketplace
- Maintain strong understanding of pricing trends & the sell thru velocity of their respective category in our marketplace by working with Pricing & Authentication team
- Communicate pricing & authentication methodologies in live appointment setting
- Accountable for the sell thru & velocity of all product brought in through the Luxury Consignment Office
- Accountable for the conversion rate of appointments to consignments
- Accountable for authentication calls for handbag & fashion items.
- Maintain strong understanding of pricing trends & the sell thru velocity of fashion in our marketplace by working with Pricing & Authentication team
- Accountable for all other requests as necessary to support the Luxury Consignment Office as determined by Director, LCO Experts & Lead Valuations Manager.
- Passion for delivering a luxury experience each & every day
- Fashion identification experience along with pricing expertise
- Advanced knowledge of fashion & handbag pricing & authentication
- Polished, professional presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple complex, time-sensitive situations while remaining calm, cool & collected
- Effective communicator (both verbal & written)
- Demonstrates the skill & willingness to take initiative & to pro-actively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external & internal deadlines as required.
- Ability to foresee potential obstacles well in advance of campaign launch dates & to problem solve in order to ensure proper execution of Valuation office processes
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- 2-5 years experience working in the luxury space in a customer-facing role
- Advanced knowledge of handbag & fashion authentication
- Sales experience encouraged
- Team player able to work effectively & collaboratively across all departments to meet goals & deadlines.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin,sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will considerqualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.