The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This position is based in New York, NY or San Francisco, CA & will report to the Category Director, Womens.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the scaled growth of the womens vintage category, with 360 ownership of the category
- Create & drive strategic supply partnerships to achieve scaled growth targets
- Work with Editorial & Creative teams to update storytelling & POV both online & in store, supporting curation of online shops & assorting inventory to retail stores
- Foster strong cross functional partnerships with Merch Ops teams to drive educational initiatives & condition standards management
- Partner cross functionally with Pricing & Planning department to manage & support pricing strategies - ensuring the category is hitting financial targets while remaining competitive
- Partner with Site Merchandising & Product teams to ensure innovative & compelling customer experience
- 5+ years experience at a luxury fashion retailer or e-commerce site, preferably with at least 2 years of relevant experience in vintage
- Extensive knowledge of luxury vintage fashion, inclusive of the evolution of major fashion houses, competitive pricing, ability to identify collections, etc.
- Passionate about the fashion industry & how vintage relates to current trends
- Robust verbal & presentation skills; strong attention to detail
- Intermediate Excel & retail math skills, MS Office, Google G Suite