At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the worlds largest distributed networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month, which is nearly 10 percent of all Internet requests worldwide. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies & nonprofits to small businesses & budding entrepreneurs. We are working to create a faster, more secure, & more reliable experience for anyone online & given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Cloudflare is looking to build & grow our data analytics/business intelligence team that will be responsible for building a large-scale enterprise modern data lake & EDW that combines massive petabyte scale traffic logs with data from various business systems supporting product, marketing, customer support, sales, finance etc. & enabling easier consumption of that data using tools to drive standard reporting, adhoc/exploratory analytics & advanced insights using data science models.
About the role
As part of this initiative, we are looking for a strong data analyst to come join Cloudflare & help us drive analytic insights & best practices at scale from the ground up. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong data background with acute product & business acumen to deliver highly strategic & compelling insights that accelerate our business growth & influence our product decisions within Cloudflare.
What we look for: Data analysis, Business Analysis, Storytelling, Strong Business & Product Acumen, Cross-functional Collaboration, Creative Problem Solving, Agile
What you'll do
- Partner & align with business leaders, stakeholders, product managers & internal teams to understand the requirements & technical specifications & address complex business questions in a globally distributed environment.
- Understand data landscape i.e tooling, tech stack, source systems etc. & work closely with the data Engineering team to improve the data collection & quality.
- Understand business/product strategy & high-level roadmap & align analysis efforts to enable them with data insights & help achieve their strategic goals.
- Strong audience focused presentation & storytelling skills focused on key takeaways & recommendations in a crisp & concise manner.
- Ability to define & spot macro & micro levels trends with statistical significance on a regular basis & understand key drivers driving those trends.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- 6+ years of data analyst experience with 3+ years of proven industry experience in a large scale environment (PBs scale, globally distributed teams).
- Proven results oriented analysis that helped support positive change in the business strategy.
- 2+ years experience with a fast-growing SaaS business based company is preferred.
- Strong experience in Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Google Analytics, Hive & BigQuery (or any other Big data/Cloud equivalent) etc.
- Capable of working closely with business including but not limited to, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, & Product teams to ensure data initiatives are aligned with business needs & is of high quality.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94115.