Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is looking for an experienced engineering leader for our Identity Platform Team in Bangalore, India. You will manage & grow an engineering team focused on delivering mission critical distributed systems, focused on Identity & Access Management (IAM). As one of the first hires of our Bangalore office, you will play a key role in building & defining team culture & strategy in India.
- You are a leader who can influence the technical direction of a team, but you understand that your primary mission is growing a rock solid engineering team.
- You grow & lead talented engineers with diverse technical backgrounds.
- You know your team's operational metrics & know how to keep them delivering high quality, resilient, services & products in a cloud environment.
- You use agile methodologies & believe in constant incremental improvements.
- You are a leader that serves your team, empowers them, inspires them, & helps them grow, but knows when to hold them accountable as well.
- You believe in building a culture of learning, knowledge sharing & collaboration.
- You are deeply committed in helping your customers be successful.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience with owning & operating high-scale, high-availability cloud systems
Nice to Have:
- Experience with IAM protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SCIM
- Experience with security fundamentals like encryption, message signing & verification
- Experience with JWTs
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Manage & lead a cross-functional team focused on Identity & Access features.
- Lead your teams through thoughtful design, development, testing, code reviews, & operations.
- Hire, manage & mentor front-end & back-end software engineers to foster their career growth.
- Drive quality, predictability, & velocity on your teams with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Collaborate with Product Management to define roadmaps & priorities.
- Live by & champion our cultural values that define the "Twilio Magic".
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications.
Twilio's IAM Platform, helps our customers connect to & use the Twilio products that make their businesses successful. Our platform has global reach & operates at cloud scale. Our challenge is to enable our customers, & to protect their data, while providing mission critical IAM features on the Twilio platform.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.