Think insurance is boring? We did too. So we built a company that takes everything you think you know about buying insurance & turns it on its head. At Cover, were disrupting an industry. Its something were proud of & it inspires us to come into work every day. Everyone here is passionate about what were doing, using cutting-edge tools to build leading-edge tech.
We are a Silicon Valley startup operating in Toronto & we are scaling. Right now, were looking for smart, collaborative, innovators to be part of our dynamic environment. A place that celebrates successes, welcomes debate & nurtures a positive, learning atmosphere. Every Thursday we hear from the leadership, sync up our San Francisco & Toronto offices, show off what weve built & have fun. Were not saving the world but we are saving people money & ensuring they get a fair deal in a way that exemplifies what smartphones were built to do. Bring us your ideas & your energy; show up ready to have a creative conversation. We will help you achieve your best potential.
Five fast facts
- We read. As part of our Technical Book Club, we just finished reading Building Microservices & Eloquent Ruby.
- We learn. As part of our continuous commitment to learning every employee has access to an annual learning stipend.
- We have challenging engineering work. Weve built an insurance rating engine from scratch.
- We meet. Our co-founder has weekly open office hours & sets up one-on-one individual meetings, as well as technical workshops to ensure everyone is up to speed & continuously learning.
- We have a lot of fun. We have ping pong tournaments at Spin; axe throwing competitions; escape room adventures & kickoff long weekends with cocktails created by the founders.
- We have unbeatable benefits. Gym memberships; daily lunch stipend & an enviable vacation policy.
Who we need
A transformer, a relationship-builder, a pitch-in wherever Im needed team player. Someone who wants to be a leader & a doer. Whether you have a few years of experience working in start-ups or insurance or youve founded a company or two yourself; this is an opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer who wants to help our team architect, build, scale & automate across our product pipeline from user experience to insurance data reconciliation & reporting.
We need a Senior DevOps Engineer to work across our engineering organization to build our infrastructure. Someone who wants to design, drive & implement solutions. From translating business specs to technical requirements; from testing & fixing code, this is a build-it-new challenge for a Developer looking to be part of a growing, exciting company.
If youre the kind of person who creates the solutions you want to see; who builds the applications you want to use & who provides the experience you want to have, then we want to talk to you.
As our new Senior DevOps Engineer, you have:
- 4+ years hands-on experience with:
- Building CI/CD pipeline with RoR, NodeJS, React & mobile frameworks
- Implementing & monitoring Alerting
- Building & maintaining high availability systems
- Container & orchestration frameworks
- Provisioning & managing cloud providers (AWS, DigitalOcean, etc.)
- You want to make a difference & see the impact of what you do working on mission critical systems
- You know how to write clean, easy-to-understand code. You strive for perfection & have a history of shipping well-tested code quickly.
- You have an interest in mentoring junior engineers.
- You have outstanding oral & written skills. You can translate business to technical & vice versa easily. You are comfortable working with stakeholders at any level.
Why join us
Cover is not just another app. We are both a brokerage & an insurance provider. More importantly, we prioritize the end user experience with fast, easy-to-use technology & equally fast & responsive customer service.
This is a place where Developers are front & centre; a strategic part of our success. Were aiming for 50/50 gender diversity (and hey, if you dont fit into either side of that ratio, thats okay too) & global representation that makes our potlucks an international feast, were a company that cares about how smart you are & who you are, not the boxes you do or dont check on a form. To that end, if you feel like you have something to contribute but dont quite meet all of the requirements we are looking for, submit your application anyway, we promise to take a look.
If Cover sounds like the type of company you want to be part of, express your interest here or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Medium to learn more about us. Don't miss Pablo's Christmas Coding Story, the story of our developer-turned-Engineering Manager who taught himself Ruby over the holidays. Our CTO was recently a guest on the Ruby 5by5 podcast talking about scaling with ruby.
Cover welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.