At Warby Parker, weve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, & do good in the world. Now, were searching for a motivated Network Support Engineer to join our 70+ person Technology team to help take this mission to the next step.
Our Technology Services team is all about figuring out why an issue exists, where its root cause lies, & how to implement a solution that allows people to self-solve in the future. (And weve seen success; as our company has grown, our incoming ticket count has decreased year over year.) In this role, you will use your technical savvy to tackle the same sort of questions, engineer even smarter solutions, & support our network for two offices, one optical lab, & 140+ retail stores. Project to project, working here is an exciting opportunity to build products & services at the intersection of medical devices, e-commerce, retail, & fashion.
Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical chops to support our growing network. If you're a motivated support engineer who takes your work seriouslybut not yourselfyou may be just what we're looking for. Read on!
What youll do:
- Ensure our offices, lab, & stores work seamlessly with minimal network & internet-related disruptions
- Shadow & work side-by-side with our Network Architect & Security Operations team
- Liaise with vendors & IT team members to troubleshoot & resolve all incoming network-related support tickets
- Ensure network hardware across all Warby Parker locations is maintained & fully operational
- Schedule & perform maintenance & upgrades to ensure network hardware is running supported & secure patches, hot fixes, & security patches
- Work to standardize all network configurations across all retail locations
- Ensure delivery of internet & network connectivity to all Warby Parker office, lab & retail locations
- Create automation to reduce mean time to recovery for all internet outages
- Take proactive measures to improve monitoring & action-oriented alerting
- Collaborate with colleagues to review & help improve processes & workflows for network support & implementation of new location build-outs
- Mentor IT Support Engineers in network troubleshooting & solutions
- Act as highest escalation point on IT for network-related issues
Who you are:
- Someone who understands TCP/IP, & has experience configuring & troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies & protocols
- Experienced in cloud-hosted network monitoring & management solutions (Meraki, ExtremeIQ, SolarWinds etc.)
- Able to use network troubleshooting tools (ping, traceroute, nmap, etc.)
- Familiar with networking & VPN protocols (GRE, IPSec, BGP, OSPF, STP, etc.) as well as the ISO/OSI model
- Comfortable with internet routing, firewalls, switching, & network connectivity indicators
- Equipped with knowledge of & experience in wifi installation, configuration, support & troubleshooting
- A skilled communicator (with both internal & external stakeholders) who has strong organizational experience
- Backed by a proven record of building process & documentation
- Able to work after normal business hours when required.
- Not on the Officer of Inspector Generals List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- 24 years of experience in a support-based role for a large distributed enterprise or MSP
- Experience with Cisco IOS & cloud networking
- Active CCNA, Meraki, Network+ certifications
- Familiar with Zero-Trust Architecture
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire & impact the world with vision, purpose, & style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company & industry can be. Weve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, & do good in the worldwithout charging a premium for it. And weve learned that it takes creativity, empathy & innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, weve pioneered ideas, designed products, & developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses & contacts to eye exams & vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, & achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings & events, volunteering & learning opportunities, & just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up & sharing ideas arent responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, & identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (Were happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community & belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors & equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, & share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what were all about, & our annual Impact Report & Racial Equity Strategy lay out how were sticking to these values.
Some benefits & perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Flexible My Time vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends & family
- And morejust ask!