What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Slice, Belfast is one of the companys busy technology hubs & home to many of our Software specialists, Designers, Product & People Teams. We have a world class office & an office culture that is second to none; so we only hire the best!
What You'll Do:
- Build for the user! You will consistently raise the bar when it comes to the quality & polish of the Slice Mobile product user experience.
- Display exceptional productivity when working both independently & pairing to drive work to completion.
- Evolve & improve engineering standards & practices across the organisation.
- Demonstrate expertise in the resolution of software failures & guide the wider team on how to tackle these in the future.
- Guide platform level improvements that touch many systems.
- You'll have a major impact in the features & performance of our mobile applications.
- Lead by example through writing very high quality, maintainable code.
- Be a mentor & teacher to other engineers.
- 9+ years experience of building consumer facing mobile applications.
- Expert-level knowledge of Swift or Objective-C.
- Demonstrable systems thinking skills. Understands that apps are only one part of a larger system.
- Understands API design. Knows, & can drive, what 'good' looks like & what the app needs short term & long term from an API.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical & organisational skills.
- Fluent verbal & written English skills.
- Passion for learning & coaching others.
- A positive approach to your work, & treat others well.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts & opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate & collaborate effectively with engineers & non-engineering stakeholders alike.
- 3+ years working on a high profile & top tier mobile application - Top 10 in an app store category
- Experience with migrating an existing Objective-C application to Swift.
- Broad knowledge of Agile processes.
- Interest or experience with various mobile patterns e.g. reactive programming, MVVM.
- Experience working on an Android mobile application written in Kotlin.
- Must have understanding of the full product development life-cycle.
- Interest in working with Android or backend web services is a plus.
- Knowledge of current advances & tools being created & adopted by the iOS software community.
Great Engineers can come from a variety of backgrounds, & so Slice is open-minded to varied education & experience.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business, no matter the department. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds & a commitment to excellence with the desire & commitment to grow & build on the Engineering culture & skill bases & community here in NI.
- Market Leading Salary
- Stock options
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental & Eye Care
- Income & Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to 2500
- 750 per annum self-learning/WFH budget
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity & Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours & WFH
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free Friday Pizza & Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance & training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work & projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employer & we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, & we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.