ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our growing Accounting Real Estate team. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of transactions related to the Real Estate workstream & contributing to the development & implementation of best practices within the accounting & financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of the latest ASC 842 Accounting Standard Codification, U.S. GAAP, experience in commercial real estate, as well as a thorough understanding of Pelotons multifaceted business. This role offers a great opportunity to learn & grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
- Ownership over month-end close activities & account reconciliations for the Real Estate area, including, but not limited to, all rent-related expenses & obligations, amortization schedule generation, percentage rent accruals, & other applicable month end journal entries.
- Work closely with the Real Estate team to ensure new & existing lease population is in compliance with ASC 842 leasing standard, as well as, continuously track all Lease key dates & amendments relevant to Pelotons lease portfolio.
- Partake in the data collection of all Real Estate, Equipment & other leased assets in an organized manner.
- Ensure accurate data entry into Pelotons Real Estate Lease Management software, CoStar & correct account coding in General Ledger, Netsuite.
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable team to ensure complete & accurate expenditures were paid to Landlords in a timely manner.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies & communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Review existing processes, structures, & systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization & optimization.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
- Review relevant expense accounts with lease management software for data quality.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license preferred
- 2+ years of relevant Accounting experience
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization
- Superior problem-solving skills & ability to manage competing priorities & deadlines
- Experience with CoStar Real Estate Management Software
- Experience in Commercial Real Estate
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience & knowledge of the with ASC 842 Leasing Standard
- Industry experience in commercial Real Estate
- Experience in a high growth organization
- Exposure to a SOX environment
- International reporting a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.