Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management for public & commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices & raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together & have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us & help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated & detail oriented professional with experience managing sales compensation programs & initiatives at a global level. You enjoy blending a strategic approach with your analytical skills to align sales incentive programs with overall business objectives.
Reporting to the VP, Sales Operations, you'll be responsible for owning & scaling Dataminr's sales compensation plans globally across the Americas, EMEA, & APAC regions. You'll work cross-functionally with Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, & other department leaders across the company on a variety of initiatives to support our fast-growing sales organization.
- Own compensation plan modeling & analysis, costing, administration, compliance, & maintenance
- Design & implement world sales compensation programs that are scalable, with robust programs & systems
- Track program measurement, outcomes & ROI of compensation plans at a global level
- Understand & align with the strategic initiatives & focus of the business through the global compensation plans & design process
- Determine, implement, & maintain appropriate commission systems & tools
- Create, review, approve & distribute compensation plans on a timely basis
- Calculate, review, approve monthly/quarterly/annual commissions
- Establish strong working relationships & drive engagement with cross-functional partners; own communications on status, including progress of issues, risks & mitigation strategies.
- Model scenarios for strategic decisions for fiscal planning, program shifts, new initiatives, exceptions, SPIFF programs
- Partner with Sales Leadership & provide recommendations & best practices around compensation policy
- Interface with external & internal auditors, & provide analysis & comprehensive best practice audit programs through new developments or changes
- Handle queries, disputes & provide customer service to our sales organization
- Utilizing data & analysis, continually look to improve plans & processes
- Own communication strategy to share program information with all constituents
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in analytical field
- 5+ years of experience managing & administering sales compensation globally, preferably within high-growth technology or SaaS environments
- Strong ability to conduct complicated analysis, identify key insights, & recommend actions
- Ability to manage multiple projects & initiatives at once, with a working knowledge of end-to-end project life cycles & methods
- Ability to be highly productive & proactive with supporting key stakeholders
- Ability to effectively manage your time, prioritize tasks, & work within deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience working across offices & regions on global projects
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience with sales compensation systems (e.g. Salesforce, Xactly)
- Advanced technical skills in Excel (e.g. functions, pivot tables, modeling, etc.)
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.