Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing & self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data & put Pures technology literally in the drivers seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, & modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture & commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, & investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Puritans come from various backgrounds & we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerousground breakingideas & has helped us build one of the most reliable & easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aimto hire thebest andbrightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective & open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while havingfunalong the way.
What You Will Be Doing
This position is responsible for managing a team of Systems Engineers in Canada.
- Participate in the creation of sales strategy & tactics & takes ownership of technical responsibilities within customer accounts.
- Assisting customers with evaluations & benchmarks, system configurations, & system installations.
- Work closely with Engineering, Field Chief Technology Officers & Product Management in helping to define product requirements & usability.
- Demonstrate technical leadership & subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, & competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS & SAN product spaces.
- Oversee the Operational Execution of a geographically dispersed group of SE's in the Enterprise.
- Creatively & collaboratively build & execute go to market programs with Sales teams, alliance/reseller partners.
- Assist all System Engineers in teaming up with their Sales Rep to develop & grow assigned territory leveraging both reseller channels & direct customer contracts.
- Recruiting, hiring & performance evaluations of the SE team.
- Work with the VP of Worldwide Technical Field Operations, SE Director & the SE Operations Director to address operational issues, skill-set gaps, training opportunities & participation challenges among the Americas SE organization.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success & Services organization to ensure the right services (Implementation, Integration, Service Account Management, etc.) are positioned with the right customer accounts.
What You Bring To The Team
- Inspirational Leadership, positive energy, optimism & vision.
- Ability to lead in an unstructured environment.
- 8 -10 years minimum experience supporting the sales of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts & data centers.
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design & implementations of multi-tiered client/server & web-based computing solutions.
- Preparation & delivery of technical product & architecture presentation.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs & RFIs.
- Superior knowledge of current & emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN).
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives).
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems & UNIX distributed network environment.
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems.
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP & general networking.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
Pure creates opportunities for your development & career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development & more! Were here to change the world & we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to provide Puritans globally competitive compensation & benefit programs that enable innovation & growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits & perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance program, work-life services, travel assistance, & employee resource groups all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind & body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.