WHO WE ARE:
BaubleBar is the first fashion accessories brand to leverage real-time data across the entire design process, establishing itself as the go-to brand for unparalleled selection & style guidance at a guilt-free price point. Formally launched in 2011, BaubleBar has since expanded into a unique multi-channel, multi-brand, & multi-category company. Company culture is built on trust, empowerment, & autonomy - teams create what they believe is most important for the company's success. The Companys original guiding mission still rings true today fashion should be fun! BaubleBar is committed to keeping experimenting with trends easier than ever.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
BaubleBar is currently seeking a Product Development Assistant to join our team. You will be responsible for coordinating & maintaining the day-to-day development procedures for both current & new jewelry items, under the direction of the Product Development Manager. The Product Development Assistant works with the Product Development team to learn the entire product development process from initial design to product development & bulk production. As our PD Assistant you will have the opportunity to collaborate with merchandising, design, sourcing as well as production, & communicate with our factories on a daily basis. This position requires experience with Adobe Photoshop & close attention to styling, assortment, timing & pricing.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Assist with the product development for in-house jewelry & accessories product
- Act as the liaison between the design team & the vendors, facilitating the creation of sample prototypes.
- Communicates design, material & details to vendors & ensure samples are ready for market meetings.
- Collect & monitor the development & production schedules, ensuring individual & team calendar deadlines are met.
- Support the Product Development Manager in the initial costing negotiation of jewelry including the preparation of estimated cost during line planning.
- Assist with the preparation of seasonal milestone meetings with cross functional teams.
- Assist in the creation of renderings, tech packs, & design modifications.
- Update product history & costing details through various databases.
- Support in weekly meetings with merchandising/design teams & assist in communicating the required actions with the vendor.
- Bring a high level of creativity, attention to detail & efficiency while working under tight deadlines & on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be enthusiastic about expanding your skill set & working on a broad range of projects.
- Stay knowledgeable about industry standards & trends.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Bachelors Degree in fashion merchandising or related degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of fashion product development experience.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.
- A strong ability to render creative ideas in Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Highly organized with a tremendous attention to detail.
- Levelheaded & proactive in problem solving.
- Ability to take initiative & ownership of all work, within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of fashion.
- Someone who truly LOVES creating amazing product at the right price, whose passion is evident in their work & who has a great sense of humor & outlook on life.