Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, & entertainment company & currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, & technologies transforming our lives & economy; & Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news & headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, & the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President & Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, & Denstu Ventures.
About This Role:
Cheddar is seeking an experienced Ad Operations Director to manage & build Cheddars ad operations business across all channels: Cheddars O&O apps, our network OTT distribution partners, CheddarUs on-campus network, & RateMyProfessors.com. The right candidate will be a versatile ad ops leader with experience with both the technical & yield optimization aspects of video ad serving, Live SSAI executions, & exchange monetization (display & CTV environments). This individual is a self-starter that drives value for the business while solving technical & analytical puzzles.
- Develop & execute partnerships with OTT/CTV demand sources to increase automated selling opportunities across Cheddars distribution platforms
- Support programmatic partner on-boarding & certification of new digital advertising products across platforms, devices & points of distribution for web, mobile web, mobile apps, & OTT products
- Manage & understand the complete picture of programmatic inventory utilization & provide clear explanation of bottlenecks & recommended action steps to improve fill-rate
- Oversee day-to-day direct-sold ad operations for Cheddar, CheddarU, & RateMyProfessors.com
- Support maintenance of programmatic revenue model to forecast CPM & revenue delivery for financial budgeting & pacing. Push vendors & our sales organization to push revenue from Open to Private marketplaces where appropriate.
- Establish processes & best practices as Cheddar onboards new ad partners, tools, & products
- Review escalated ad delivery issues, working with Cheddar & vendor teams to quickly resolve & minimize revenue impact
- Work with Product Management to understand business needs & video serving technologies to address current & future opportunities with new ad products, enhancements & updates
- Stay abreast of changes in industry & where competitors are leading, & help establish Cheddar as a leader & innovator in video news
- 7+ years experience in digital ad operations at a publisher, ad tech company, ad agency or ad network
- Experience with digital display & video inventory on all platforms web, mobile, app & OTT/ CTV platforms
- Familiarity with live streaming DAI (SSAI)
- Comprehension of digital video formats (VAST & VPAID)
- Familiarity with DSPs, SSPs, Agency Trading Desks, & Private Marketplaces; understanding of best practices in monetizing ad revenue across partners/exchanges
- Ability to initiate & maintain partner relationships, assess partnership viability & growth opportunities, & navigate deals
- Previous experience partnering with or leading successful partnerships with RTB/exchanges
- Experience with DFP & digital ad serving tools for video & display
- Experience with digital campaign implementation, maintenance, & troubleshooting
- Experience with the start-up culture or an organization experiencing rapid growth & diversification
Our Benefits & Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed & our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast & achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, & different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation & benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, & vision insurance, disability & life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks & snacks, team events, happy hours, & more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, & we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates & are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences & backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.