See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior International Tax Accountant.
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
As a Senior International Tax Accountant, you will work closely with a first class Tax Team on a range of corporate tax areas including tax compliance, tax advisory , transfer pricing & ad-hoc project work. You will get broad exposure across the business while liaising with multiple teams across Finance & beyond as the Tax Team supports global expansion & M&A activity to enable Twilios rapid growth in a tax efficient & compliant manner.
In this role, youll:
- Coordinate the preparation & review of global corporate tax filings with outside advisors to ensure accurate reporting, including the preparation of working papers & supporting documentation.
- Assist with the quarterly US tax accounting effort
- Partner with key stakeholders around the world to integrate new business acquisitions into Twilios business model in a tax efficient manner
- Support the business in assessing opportunities to expand the existing business model into new global markets
- Ensure timely preparation of transfer pricing documentation including collaborating with colleagues & external advisers as well as monitoring implementation of transfer pricing policies.
- Assist with the management of tax audits as they arise
- Assist with internal projects from a tax perspective
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for a key contributor who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record in tax issues & compliance. They also have:
- 2+ years of international income tax experience in the regions of EMEA, APAC and/or LATAM
- Strong accounting, Excel & Access skills
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail & interested in performing deep-dive analyses to extract insights from data
- Self-driven; Initiative to solve problems & deal well with ambiguity
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment & to cope with changing priorities.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on accounting or finance
- Qualified Chartered Tax Adviser/Consultant and/or Chartered Accountant
This role will be remote & can be based in Ireland or other approved locations in EMEA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.