Phreesia is looking for a Counsel Life Sciences to join our growing team!
We are looking to add a key member to round out our growing legal team, initially reporting directly to the General Counsel at a publicly traded company. Were looking for a practical commercial lawyer who has strong experience drafting and reviewing advertising agreements in the pharmaceutical/life science space. This is a sophisticated individual contributor role.
What Youll Do:
- Draft, review, & negotiate complex agreements with life science companies & media agencies, particularly MSAs, SOWs, insertion orders, addenda and advertising agency agreements.
- Review business terms from client & flag any potential issues that would conflict with the Phreesia platform and/or prior agreements.
- Identify & review business, legal, & contractual risks.
- Manage internal processes to track contracts from beginning to end, ensuring that all parties who need to weigh in are accounted for. Ensure accuracy & consistency throughout the contract (particularly as the contract relates to an SOW, insertion order, etc.). Be final sign-off prior to contract going for signature.
- Ensure consistency across all deal documents; i.e., ensure proposal, insertion orders & MSAs do not have conflicting business or legal terms
- Act as both quarterback, gatekeeper & final sign off on each deal;
- Draft language for non-standard provisions or transactions; engage with business units and other functions to obtain approval for non-standard contractual positions in accordance with corporate policies.
- Manage all client contracting needs, including re-contracting, reissuing insertion orders, amendments to existing programs, etc.
- Collaborate with legal, sales, business development teams & other functions to draft & maintain contract templates; maintain contracts repository & summary of contract terms.
- Communicate & collaborate with multiple teams across all levels of the organization
- Provide practical, business-friendly advice
- Act as lead partner to sales organization & sales support in the life sciences business.
- Provide practical, decisive guidance to support Phreesias fast-paced business needs that balances our goals & legal risk, taking into account company policies & positions.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry, commercial, open source, IP, privacy, employment, & other laws, regulations, & developments to give the most effective advice.
- Obtain & maintain a solid knowledge of the products, services & objectives of our business.
- Other duties & projects assigned by the General Counsel.
What Youll Bring:
- 4+ years of legal experience negotiating advertising agreements with life science companies & digital media agencies; preference for in-house experience.
- Strong knowledge of the digital media & advertisement industry in the life science market
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with deadline-driven objectives; preference for someone with experience with healthcare technology business.
- Independent thinker with minimal supervision & minimal need for outside counsel
- Accountability & willingness to take ownership of projects
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience with data privacy, including permitted data uses.
- Strong legal drafting skills and the ability to work with third party paper or a clean sheet of paper to draft well-written, practical, solution-oriented terms.
- A confident, effective & positive negotiator who can lead the process, focus on important issues & efficiently bring deals to a favorable close.
- Outstanding attention to detail & organizational skills and very strong follow through on accountability.
- Excellent legal & business judgment with the ability both to assess relevant/material risks quickly & to communicate those risks to business partners in non-legal speak (a business-oriented, practical mindset).
- Team oriented, with exceptional interpersonal skills, a strong sense of humor, a positive & upbeat attitude, unquestionable ethics & integrity, & sound judgment.
- JD from an accredited US law school; membership in good standing in at least one state bar.
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, were committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscapeand we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing & enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, & hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, were a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazines Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If youre interested in consistent feedback & recognition, defined career paths, & the opportunity to work with driven & engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Remote working environment
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, & short/long-term & life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan (USA) or RRSP plan (Canada)
- Unlimited vacation
- Home office set-up stipend
- Mobile phone stipends & Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid parental leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous parental benefit to our employees in Canada
- Tuition & certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse & inclusive environment & are an equal opportunity employer.