Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
About the Role
General Assembly seeks a Designer to join our in-house creative team, housed at GA headquarters in New York. This position reports to the Visual Brand Lead & falls under the Content Team, which is tasked with storytelling across marketing, product, & brand collateral.
As a designer, youll work closely to support the Visual Brand Lead & work with other designers on a range of projects from social media/marketing campaigns, white papers & one sheets, presentations, & adding to our library of branded assets. Dive headfirst into understanding our mission, products, & strategy & then use that insight to help create holistic design solutions for a multitude of applications including print, environmental, & digital assets.
This is a full-time, New York-based position. Cover letter & portfolio required.
- Work collaboratively with all teams in the creative department (including Copy, Video, & Product Design), as well as other departments such as Marketing, Enterprise, & Product.
- Concept & execute creative marketing & brand campaigns.
- Develop digital, print, & environmental graphics, & prepare files for print/digital production.
- Design icons, illustrations, & infographics for a multitude of uses.
- Be a steward of the design team & is an active participant in kickoffs, workstreams, & finds solutions to a range of challenges.
- Create branded social media assets & templates.
- Contribute to development & execution of branded marketing campaigns.
- Review/design curriculum presentations & handout materials to be ensure brand alignment.
- Build out sweepstake, email, & website collateral across various dimensions.
- Design Google, PDF, & Keynote templates for presentations & documents
- Contribute to & maintain growing library of branded assets.
- Maintain & uphold the Design Brand Guidelines in all applications.
- 3+ years of professional experience or a strong design portfolio.
- Understands the relationship between copy & design. Can effectively partner with copywriters to collaborate & compromise on execution of ideas.
- Ability to brainstorm in a group setting, marrying business objectives with artistic innovation.
- Solid foundation in typography, composition, & color.
- Strong form-making skills (iconography, illustration, infographics).
- Fluency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, & Google Apps.
- Keeps a cool head while multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective written & verbal communication skills to convey ideas & communicate within project workflows across a broad range of people.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as JIRA a plus.
- No design detail or request is too small for your consideration.
- Proven ability to collaborate within & across teams.
- When you are stumped, you never give up. You seek out new solutions or make your own.
- You possess a meticulous eye for typography, composition, & color.
- Are curious to learn more about diverse design disciplines, & always in search of new tools, systems & methodologies to aid your design process.
- Cultivates innovation
- Manages Complexity
- Drives Results