Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Medical Guide Specialist to join our Virtual Operations team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Healthcare is broken. Patients experience a system that is fragmented, inaccessible, & impossibly complicated. We want to change that starting with primary care. We also believe medicine is a team sport & great primary care means connecting patients to a broader community of healthcare professionals & resources that are designed to address each patients unique healthcare needs. Were starting with a virtual first connection.
As we grow out our Virtual Primary Care offering, were looking for Medical Assistants to assist a Care Team in managing a panel of patients with a virtual first mindset. Youll be working with a Care Team of MDs, Advanced Practitioners, & Nurses to provide collaborative care.
In this role, youll solve problems that truly change lives. Youll demonstrate organizational agility, coordinate cross functionally to get answers, & put patients first.
You will report into the Virtual Operations Lead
- Provide support for your Care Team, including virtual MDs, Advanced Practitioners & Nurses.
- Own proactive planning for each member's medical needs with follow through to solution.
- Resolve problems, complete audits, identify trends, determine system improvements, & implement change.
- Coordinate patient care to dos & care plan adherence.
- Partner with & attend stakeholder meetings to discuss trends & problem areas with systems, workflows, regulations, compliance, & our network.
- Assist with the labs process, including entering labs into EHR, sending requisition forms, coordinating referrals, & disseminating order information & results to providers.
- 2+ Years experience as a Medical Assistant or similar certification & education. (CNA,EMT)
- Must be available nights & weekends as well as some on-call rotations.
- Knowledge of medical office management systems & procedures.
- Experience as a supervisor or leader.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, & patient management software.
- Proven working experience as a medical assistant.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.