What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated team player to join BlockFi's Enterprise Risk team as a Data Governance Senior Manager. In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Enterprise Non-Financial Risk & be accountable for developing data governance, facilitating working group meetings, & managing administrative data governance processes. You will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's systems, vendors, products, & business lines.
- Produce data governance policy & standards regarding the management & use of data in the organization. Identify a control framework & processes to ensure data quality, traceability & usability as well as compliance with privacy policies & regulations.
- Maintain a detailed catalog of the data architecture & data assets in use throughout the company classified by type, source & potentially other factors
- Research business processes & related data assets, profile data types in use in each business area, & moderate discussions with stakeholders on data governance & transformation requirements
- Prepare materials & present to auditors & other examiners as needed
- Ensure that the data used follows the compliance, access management & control policies of the company while meeting data governance requirements
- Work with technical groups to support the collection, integration, & retention of data sources
- Apply techniques to assess data quality in databases & propose remediation where possible
- Interpret & communicate results in a manner accessible to stakeholders. Apply data visualization & summarization techniques to analytical results
- Evaluate business requirement documents for new systems as needed
- Develop effective relationships across a range of middle office control functions to achieve mutual goals
- University Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or an Engineering discipline
- 4+ years of experience in data governance, data quality analysis, or data architecture function at a Big 4 or equivalent consulting firm, financial institution, or a FinTech company
- Knowledge of leading industry security standards, associated controls, & audit requirements for compliance
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts
- Proficiency with Python & SQL preferred
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud platforms preferred
- Outstanding organizational & knowledge management skills
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity & rapid change
- Effective oral & written communication with the ability for analyzing, slicing & dicing data while deriving significant insights
- Natural curiosity & self-directed ability to seek out information & meet goals/deadlines
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission & values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other & enjoy the work we do - so should you!