At Splash, we believe that experience is everything. We offer the world's first event marketing software driven to maximize your impact - before, during, & after an event.
The end-to-end Splash platform empowers our users to create memorable event experiences through beautiful design, powerful planning & analysis tools, & meaningful integration of email marketing & social media.
Our users power event executions ranging from concerts to recruiting programs & everything in between. If you're looking to take your event strategy to the next level, we can't wait to hear from you!
About the role:
As a Senior Technical Writer at Splash, your role will involve forming a bridge between the Product, Engineering & Design organization to all our users. Quite simply, we need your help in outlining exactly how our users can leverage Splash to deliver amazing results. This will require that you establish a solid understanding of all our users needs (both internal & our customers) & determine how to best deliver content to amplify their learning.
Technical Writers will play a big part here at Splash & we hope that you can help play a key part of that!
Our Ideal Team Member:
- You have 5+ years of technical writing experience.
- You have experience leading a team of Technical Writers. While you will be our first Technical Writer, we plan to grow the department over time to meet the needs of our users.
- You have experience making challenging, complex ideas, concepts, & tasks understandable & appealing to diverse audiences. You drive to give our users that lightbulb moment when theyre able to connect an abstract concept through to implementation.
- You have a creative side that is just dying to be expressed. Splash at its core is a creative company. Youll be joining a team of creative professionals who working towards a world where meaningful connections are enabled through design. We always want to push the envelope here & encourage you to author engaging & inspiring text that gives our users moments of delight.
- You recognize that being a great Technical Writer means you strive to become a product expert. Youre obsessed with the details & desire to uncover all the details to not only understand how the product works but why it matters to the people using it.
- You figure out the best way to get customers the info they need. This means constantly thinking & iterating on how content can be effectively delivered, & you find ways of connecting with the users who read our content to get their feedback.
- You love writing for different audiences, from end users to admins to developers.
- You know how to accept feedback. Splash team members have strong opinions about the experience we present to customers, youll need to know when to push back on feedback you disagree with & when to adopt. Most importantly, you thrive in an environment where feedback is always directed at the work with the intention of making it the best that it can be.
- Were agile at our core & you fit right into an agile development environment.
If youre interested in joining our growing team, please send us your resume. We cant wait to meet you!
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a full suite of benefits, medical, dental & vision.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas & great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace & encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.