Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has interest in creating secure software & has 3-5 years of experiences with doing security testing to identify & mitigate security issues. The candidate will work with developers, & DevOps teams to design & implement secure software development practices & tools within Guardant Health.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for writing software to support of Cancer Diagnostic products which may or may not run at third party sites.
1. Experience building software with microservices architecture in mind.
2. Strong python or similar language experience.
3. Strong analytical, problem-solving, & decision-making skills
4. Provide input for system hardening & applying security standards during product development phase.
5. Monitors industry security updates, changes, technologies, emerging threats & best practices for continuous improvement
6. Strong understanding of security concepts, standard methodologies & how to apply them, such as SSH, public key encryption, access credentials, certificates, TLS, data encryption
7. Perform continuous monitoring for new high-risk vulnerabilities of released products, triggering proactive actions when needed (security patching)
8. Collaborate with & provide feedback to Security Officers to ensure the relevancy & the value of the central governance mechanisms, tool sets, reference architecture, & other repositories
9. The candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to help meet mission-critical objectives.
10. Write comprehensive reports & deliver presentations for technical & non-technical audiences, including executives & stakeholders
1. Experience working in Scrum and/or Kanban agile environments.
2. Experience with AWS commercial or HealthCare regulated environment, implementation, & administration
3. Bachelors or Masters' degree in Computer Science or Information Security or equivalent work experience
4. Relevant security certifications are a plus, but not required (OSCP/OSCE/GPEN/GWAPT/LPT).