Senior Data Engineer, IQ Performance
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leader in digital performance solutions, improving the impression quality & audience impact of digital advertising. Built on best practices, DoubleVerify solutions create value for media buyers & sellers by bringing transparency & accountability to the market, ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery & audience quality across campaigns to drive performance.
Since 2008, DoubleVerify has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry.
About the team
The team builds & operates systems that crunch & process billions of records a day & make them available in DoubleVerifys analytics platform, helping our clients to make smarter decisions that continuously improve their ad-impression quality. To meet the challenge & support the scale, the team uses BigData technologies & engineering approaches.
As a Big Data ETL Developer you will develop ETL processes on both home-grown & 3rd party frameworks, perform data analysis & join a team of engineers responsible for DoubleVerifys external reporting & data delivery systems.
What you'll do
- Developing ETL processes that process billions of records a day efficiently
- Delivering insightful data to clients, partners & internal users in various ways by implementing robust, scalable data delivery applications & APIs.
- Collaborating & participating in project meetings.
- Analyzing data to test the correctness & effectiveness of ETL processes.
Who you are
- At least 3 years hands-on experience of ETLs development
- At least 3 years working in a DWH environment including schema design & data modeling
- At least 2 years of hands-on development experience in python
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig
- Experience in one or more of the following db engines: Oracle, SQL Server, PgSQL
- Experience working with Reporting systems
- Advanced SQL query writing abilities & data understanding
- Excellent communication skills & a team player
- Experience with Vertica or other columnar data stores is a plus
- Hands on experience with Spark Streaming or other live stream processing technology - a plus