Come see whats cookin at Green Chef!
Green Chef is the leading & first certified organic company in the meal kit space in the US. We are passionate about making it easier to eat healthfully at home. Founded in September 2014, Green Chef is already a national force with hundreds of employees & tens of thousands of customers relying on us to help them eat well.
In 2018 Green Chef & Hello Fresh partnered to become the worlds largest meal kit company. Together, we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
Green Chef remains focused on delivering healthy, organic ingredients, designed for busy people. We believe in creating thoughtful food experiences from planting to plating. We strive to create greater interaction & meaningful connections with the food that nourishes us, the people who provide it, & the ones we share it with. Green Chef offers a variety of specialty lifestyle plans.
We are hiring for a Full Stack Engineer with cloud-hosted experience developing back-end services along with the front-end components that will be relying on them.
A successful candidate will have experience developing & supporting MERN stack applications. You will know how to write clean, robust, & performant code with a focus on simplicity, maintainability, & extensibility. You will have a knack for testing applications to ensure that they work as expected & negative testing to prove that they fail gracefully. You will have experience working with a team of talented engineers & the dynamics that come with it.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication & problem-solving skills as well as a deep passion for learning. (S)He takes responsibility for their work & enjoys the challenge of navigating a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Work with the team to design, develop, & support scalable applications
- Ensure the stability & resilience of our applications focusing on production availability
- Work with your team to review, test, & monitor applications
- Work with teams around Green Chef & HelloFresh on projects that will grow the company
At minimum, you have...
- College degree (B.S.) or Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5+ years professional experience developing, maintaining, & extending non-trivial web applications in AWS
- Experience developing fault-tolerant, highly scalable services, & APIs
- Knowledge of data modeling & database performance on MongoDB
- AWS services (EC2/ECS, SQS/SNS, Cloudwatch, etc.)
- Docker & containerization
- RESTful APIs
- Service Oriented Architecture
- MEAN/MERN stack
- Modern Web Platforms (React/Vue/Angular)
- Freedom to innovate & test new tools
- An environment open to radical change to enhance & scale our systems
- A collaborative culture based on mutual respect & accountability
- Great international exposure & team atmosphere
- Plenty of room for personal growth
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests from Day 1
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly
inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of Green Chef & HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.