As the Finance & Operations Director, you will be in charge of finance & finance operations at Enigma. You will closely work with all members of the executive team. Initially, you will be primarily responsible for FP&A & work with several outside resources to run accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, & other financial operations functions. As Enigma grows, you will have the opportunity to bring these roles in-house.
The key responsibility of this role is ownership of Enigmas core operating model, which is used to guide our annual plan, performance management & strategic decision making. You will be the primary finance partner helping the Product & Engineering teams make sound business decisions by providing financial input on business planning. In general, you also need to have meaningful business experience & strong business instincts, particularly around enterprise SaaS business models & preferably around data. Youll also be expected to drive pricing & pricing analysis using a value-based approach.
We are a growing company with a big vision & many potential opportunities. You will play a critical role in helping guide leaderships decisions by deeply understanding & modeling the quantitative & qualitative aspects of various company initiatives.
More specifically, you will:
- Work with management to build budgets & forecasts in a detailed 3-statement financial model
- Own Enigmas company-wide KPIs & perform variance analysis for reporting to management & investors
- Manage strategic finance projects such as pricing of new products
- Support corporate development & future capital raise efforts
- Handle day-to-day business operations including negotiating the financial terms of leases, insurance renewals, bank lines etc.
- Oversee financial & accounting operations of the company (month-close, payroll, billing, A/P, A/R, treasury, tax, cap table), generally by managing several outside resources that will be doing most of the day-to-day work (bookkeepers, accountants, tax advisors, etc)
What were looking for:
- Bachelors degree, ideally with a concentration in accounting or finance
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferable
- 5+ years of work experience, ideally in a role where you had to build many, many, many financial models - mid-level PE or investment banking experience is ideal here
- Expert proficiency in Excel modeling with hands-on experience building detailed, bottoms-up operating models & forecasts
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) & financial concepts
- Stellar business sense & business modeling experience, particularly software / SaaS business models (data businesses a plus but not required)
- Finesse in communications & a positive attitude, especially in being able to coordinate & deal with various stakeholders that may have competing priorities, expectations, & levels of experience