AccuWeather, recognized & documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts & warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries & tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA & other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives & get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com & mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, & the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces & distributes news, weather content, & video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeathers many innovative & award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast Minute by Minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies & thousands of businesses globally.
The Marketing & Consumer Insights Analyst is responsible for gathering & analyzing data to understand customer behavior, preferences, & needs as they relate to business objectives. Reporting to the Director of Consumer Insights, the Analyst plays a key role in the Analytics, Audience & Consumer Insights team. The Analyst will be quantitatively savvy, with the ability to analyze marketing channel performance, & have an appreciation for qualitative customer insights. This person will identify research & analytics opportunities, propose research solutions, execute & manage projects, analyze data, summarize findings, & make recommendations to drive business growth. This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled early-career data analyst looking to make a significant impact at a leading global digital media company.
- Collaborate & communicate effectively with internal stakeholder teams, outside vendors, & research/data partners
- Complete qualitative & quantitative research projects on time & within budget, whether outsourcing or using in-house resource
- Parse large amounts of data, from multiple datasets, into succinct & actionable insights
- Support ad sales & marketing teams with audience research to pitch our clients, leveraging 1st & 3rd party data to generate narratives around our audience, their mindset, interests, goals & needs
- Identify customer/consumer insights research needs & opportunities & execute voice of customer (feedback) projects to support business planning, product planning, product development/design, & marketing/PR strategy
- Manage research reporting to track awareness, perception, competitiveness, & performance for each line of business, along with overall brand health
- Promote best practices for marketing campaign measurement procedures & analytics, including the cost to acquire, retention, lifetime value, & ROI
- Develop & run cross-channel attribution models for measuring the impact of marketing channels on business goals
- Serve as the central resource for all global competitive intelligence, & actively conduct primary or secondary research to understand competitive positioning, including product offerings, target market penetration, awareness levels, & pricing strategy
- Actively contribute to team ideation & strategizing sessions, making recommendations to enhance business decisions, partnerships, campaigns, projects, & processes
- Work with the Director of Consumer Insights, Marketing Analytics Intern, & line-of-business leaders on annual planning & budgeting
- Bachelors degree in the social sciences, statistics, mathematics, business, marketing, or related field with a quantitative focus
- 2-5 years of experience in supplier-side or client-side market research, conducting a mix of both qualitative (focus groups, in-depth interviews, user testing) & quantitative projects
- Experience analyzing & reporting syndicated data (comScore Media Metrix/Plan Metrix, MRI, Nielsen), advertising campaign data, & website/mobile analytics data (Google Analytics)
- Familiar with data visualization best practices & tools (Tableau, PowerBI); skilled at translating complex data into actionable business insights
- Strong attention to detail, excellent time management skills, & a true team player
- Driven by an eagerness to help others, learn new skills, & grow professionally
- Critical thinker who thrives on solving challenging problems with data
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants & existing employees & we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy & gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here & its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information.