Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, were one of Crains Best Places to work
- Were #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better.coms marketing team eagerly focuses on figuring out how to grow & convert our customer base as they go through the complicated, scary & expensive journey to home ownership. Our Email Operations Manager will be tasked with leveraging email, SMS, content, & other tools to meet prospective borrowers where they are, break down what it means to work with Better.com, & encourage customers to ultimately choose us for their home finance needs. We are looking for a talented email marketer & platform expert to execute marketing communications, specifically leveraging Customer.io. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of email marketing best practices, will be self-motivated, & have a strong sense of personal accountability.
You will own the daily email operations of the marketing org to ensure that campaigns are completed & deployed on time, in addition to building out our newsletter program. You will be responsible for creating & maintaining email templates in addition to developing a rigorous QA process to ensure all campaigns are accurate. You will collaborate with cross company stakeholders on shared deliverables & timelines, including partners in sales, product marketing, design, acquisition. You will be responsible for the coordination, execution & analysis of all email campaigns & newsletters.
- You have at least 2-4 years of relevant marketing experience, including familiarity with CRM & hands on experience with marketing technologies
- You have spent at least 2 years working with Customer.io, Sendgrid, Braze, or Sailthru
- You have strong proficiency with HTML/CSS.
- You are an excellent communicator with strong verbal & written skills
- You are extremely organized & detail oriented.
- You have empathy for customers & your peers, & are excited to work collaboratively on behalf of our borrowers.
- You are a curious person who is excited to learn about a new industry.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.