Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 3 years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
Were looking for a Software Engineer - Platform to serve as a key member of the Alerting & Data Pipeline teams, building systems to deliver real-time, actionable notifications to clients. Responsible for designing & building distributed data stores to enable highly available, redundant storage of alert data & content. Implement algorithms in an Object Oriented architecture using Java & design & build APIs & stream processing services to allow customization of delivery streams & notifications based on low latency processing of very high volume streaming data sets. Responsible for identifying & resolving bottlenecks in terms of complexity, size, & performance of multiple subsystems.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Masters degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 3 years of related experience
- Must have 18 months of demonstrated ability with each of the following:
- Building large scale, low-latency micro-service oriented architectures;
- Utilizing data structures, algorithms, & design patterns;
- Working in Java, Scala, or C++ & with one or more scripting languages to develop high volume, low-latency stream processing systems;
- Leveraging distributed data processing systems, such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Hive, & SQL/NoSQL databases; and
- Working with RESTful web services.
- Will accept experience gained concurrently.
- Will accept experience gained before, during, or after Masters program.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own & drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning & Development fund & professional training.
- generous leave & flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen.
- and more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.