Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is seeking an Associate Manager of Impact Measurement & Learning to join our team. This person will build monitoring, learning & evaluation plans & frameworks for a range of campaigning interventions (that span from advocacy to public engagement & communications), support country teams in defining & setting up monitoring, evaluation & learning dashboards, surface insights across geographies, help teams integrate critical learnings to optimise their work, & build periodic impact reports for our client.
You should have approximately 4+ years of work experience, ideally in monitoring, learning & evaluation & preferable in advocacy and/or communications , a high bar for quality & rigor, a demonstrated track record and/or interest in social sector organizing & advocacy, & preferably with client-facing experience.
We're looking for team players with passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, & an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit.
The role reports to the Co-Directors of MEL/IML based in NY. This is a full-time exempt position with a salary range of 34,000- 49,000.
We are open to candidates based in the greater London area or in & around New York.
- Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation planning, building logic frameworks & models
- Data collection & building tracking processes
- Data analysis & insight gathering
- Building project reports based on gathered data
- Identify primary insights & opportunities to pursue across multiple countries.
- Confidently present & facilitate discussions of monitoring, learning & evaluation products to internal teams & client contacts in a clear & well-structured manner
- Apply diverse audience perspectives in framing; use of logical persuasion; & able to engage in related & broader project context discussion & questions.
- Proactively own work streams & consistently execute work to expectations & on time.
- Embody Purpose internal values on a day-to-day basis, demonstrate professionalism in all facets of work, promote teamwork by maintaining positive & respectful relationships while contributing to team progress.
- Some (minimal) client engagement related communications
- 4+ years of full time work experience in a relevant position
- Monitoring, learning & evaluation background from advocacy, communications and/or non-profit organization
- Sharp ability to synthesize data & translate into meaningful communication.
- High bar for quality, rigor & integrity
- Demonstrated track record and/or interest in social sector organizing & advocacy
- Passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, & an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit
- Bilingual fluency in a foreign language is a plus. We're particularly looking for candidates with Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills.
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge & are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the unique contributions that individuals bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity & expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veterans status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation & beliefs.