FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
This role is primarily focused on helping a development team effectively & efficiently deliver high-quality product & services in our customer experience technology domain.
Everything we do at FanDuel, we do as a team. As a Quality Engineer youll work with delivery teams to help facilitate the successful release of products & innovations to our customers. From the inception of the idea, all the way through getting it into the hands of our users - where appropriate you can be involved every step of the way - analysing the risk of implementation, how a new feature will fit into our existing ecosystem, how itll be received by users, and, of course, facilitating the shipping of quality software.
Youll have the opportunity to not only test our web & mobile applications, but also the inner workings of the FanDuel system. Whereas some organisations shy away from testing at each level of their technology stack, FanDuel actively encourages it. From service configurations to databases & APIs - theres always something new & challenging to test.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You carry out testing of new software development (where requirements are defined or ambiguous) within our Content, Free to play & Voice & Video Verticals .
- You apply common software testing heuristics where applicable to carry out testing of applications under test.
- You advise on the severity of issues based on an understanding of the system/product under test.
- You test components of a system (e.g. web services & API) when integrated end-to-end with clients but also tests at integration points at earliest opportunities when necessary (e.g. in cases where end to end is not ready)
- You test new software developments across mediums & their model & platform versions (e.g. mobile models, OSs, browser types).
- You work with developers to understand test coverage at unit & integration level to better target other testing efforts.
- You advise developers of potential risk areas in advance of development.
- You provide concise yet comprehensive testing plans & summaries/evaluations for product & platform developments where appropriate.
- You advocate for continuous integration practices.
- You are beginning to identify situations in circumstances where there may be a need for performance, security or other non-functional testing types.
- You advise team of difficulty & effort involved in testing features & providing test results.
- You work effectively to define testable user stories, especially acceptance criteria, with business analysts developers & stakeholders.
- You will build automated tests or tooling, where appropriate.
- You work to able to diagnose issues & identify fixes for failing automation tests.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
- Previous testing experience writing & executing test plans, preferably as an embedded tester
- Experience with manual testing methods & an understanding of how automation can benefit the testing effort
- Demonstrable knowledge of different technology platforms
- Demonstrable experience of testing in service oriented architectures & understanding data flow through such systems
- Experience of testing at API layers (e.g. REST)
- Exposure to automation testing, either coding or designing tests
- Experience working with version control systems such as git
- Understanding of build & configuration tools such as Jenkins & Puppet
- Experience of working with databases
- Understanding of agile methodologies & how they are applied in software development
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- An open & collaborative team who value & respect each other
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions
- A new technical challenge around every corner, were never short of interesting problems to solve
- An excellent wellbeing package including, flexible working & uncapped holidays, employee assistance program, full medical, dental & optical cover & cycle to work scheme.
- Excellent development opportunities including, 10% time, hackathons, conference attendance, online & in-office training & a preference to promote from within.
- A stress-free financial package inclusive of, pension, life assurance, share save scheme, value creation rewards & season ticket commuter loans.
Were very proud of the company we have created & the biggest contributor to our success is our people. We strive to create an environment that allows people to bring their whole selves to work, one that promotes a healthy work/life balance & one that is dedicated to supporting the personal & professional development of its people.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.