This role is based in our office in FiDi in downtown Manhattan.
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were looking for a Business Development Lead to take on responsibilities including:
- Drive revenue & customer engagement - develop pipeline, find & engage referral partnerships, drive integrations with wallets & exchanges, build awareness
- Lead the formulation & implementation of BD strategies
- Create & maintain a business development to provide increasing revenue to the business
- Pitch to potential partners. Negotiate terms & close contracts
- Travel for business development meetings & conferences
- Execution of loan operations while we build our platform. This includes underwriting & originating loans & ongoing collateral management
- Build, motivate & manage a team as we grow
- Work with our technology team & inform product decisions as we expand our platform & product
- Provide general strategic input as a leader within the company & early team member
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years of industry experience either in FinTech or technology-related sales or business development experience
- Experience driving company revenues & managing teams
- The ability to network & build relationships
- Excellent interpersonal & negotiation skills
- Eager to work in an early-stage company & have a high impact on the future of the companys growth
This position provides a large opportunity for professional growth as we scale our organization. The individual who joins our team should expect to build a team under them that will be responsible for all BlockFi customers throughout our products lifecycle. The position will report directly to one of the companys founders, Flori Marquez.
Qualified applicants should respond with a brief intro to their background & level of understanding within the cryptoasset sector.
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFis leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $18.3 MM of Series A funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital & Akuna Capital
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks & coffee