HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all the ingredients, instructions & inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
At just 9 years in, were the industry leader in the UK & globally & have delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide & are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food & grocery.
But most importantly, its our incredible people who make HelloFresh what it is. We thrive on giving our employees an inclusive working environment, in which they have access to development opportunities & in which their voices are heard & valued every day. This helps us best reflect & serve our customers.
So, if youre keen to join a growing, caring company which puts its people at the heart of what it does, look no further!
About the job
Were on the hunt for a new Senior People Director to lead our UK People team across our production facilities in Banbury & Nuneaton as well as our London headquarters. You will be responsible for our UK People function which partners with over 2,000 staff across our sites. The role reports to the UK CEO & interfaces with the Group SVP People & is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre, senior HR professional.
This role sits on the UK Management Board & UK Senior Management Team, which delivers management governance of the UK entity.
We are seeking a candidate who brings demonstrable experience in leading the HR functions of organisations with large operational workforces. The successful candidate will have broad experience across HR topics including strategic workforce planning, talent acquisition & volume recruitment, performance management, compensation strategy & execution, employee relations, employer branding & talent development. They will also be able to set the strategic direction for our People team & be strong collaborators.
It is an exciting time to join our business, we have big dreams & are growing rapidly. You will be responsible for making sure we have happy people in the right place, at the right time, with the right skills to deliver the best product to our customers.
What you will be doing:
- Team collaboratively as a trusted partner & coach of the UK CEO & UK Management Board inputting on strategy discussions, people topics, decision support, & anticipating issues
- Act as a leadership role model in the organisation & be a champion of the HelloFresh DNA, living our values in all that you do
- Design & own the implementation of the People team strategy & OKRs to set our people up for long-term success
- Partner with our Management Board on upcoming big, strategic changes ensuring that their people are skilled, equipped, motivated & organised to achieve whats needed to win in the UK recipe box market
- Ensure our teams are setup for success to enable strong operational delivery as well as rapid future growth
- Lead a smart, capable & eager People Team of 40+ inspiring them to create a world-class employee experience across the organisation & to grow in their own careers
- Lead & develop your highly-skilled team on the full range of HR areas including employee relations, talent management, performance management, compensation, talent acquisition & volume recruitment, talent development & people operations & systems
- Drive a culture of operational efficiency & effectiveness, partnering with a strong operational team to ensure the delivery of resource requirements at all levels of the production process
- Champion diversity & inclusion initiatives across all aspects of employee experience, from talent attraction through to retention.
- Design & drive key Talent initiatives, ensuring that we move the needle on key People metrics such as Engagement, Time To Hire & employee retention
- Responsible for driving employee engagement initiatives across all sites, ensuring we are listening & taking action in the right places to create a great place to work both in the HQ & our production facilities
- Stay at the pulse of time exchanging with external sources, i.e. peer organisations to acknowledge any trends & best practices in people / HR which could impact upon the business
- Embed & drive a data driven approach in our People team with accurate reporting & insightful data analysis & leverage these insights to constantly optimize our people products & related processes to ensure highest levels of employee & manager satisfaction
- Manage & support employee communications at all levels in the organisation
- Be a leadership presence across all UK sites
- Build & maintain a strong partnership with the global HR team & be an active contributor to in global change initiatives
- Support on ad hoc key projects or help solve ad hoc issues that arise
Who you are:
- Experience within mid to large size operational facilities & ideally HQ sites across a broad range of People topics e.g. high volume recruitment, training, engagement, performance management, employee relations
- Experience as a senior people leader either leading People teams & / or the entire People function of an organisation
- Highly adaptable & ideally have experience working within & scaling a fast-growth business
- Strategic thinker with good problem solving & decision making skills & experience in developing People strategies
- Ability to implement a strategy with experience in delivering complex change programmes or executing projects effectively
- Data driven with proven ability to execute & build scalable processes & systems
- Strong understanding of UK employment law & best practice
- Deep passion for people & a strong instinct for managing & developing talent
- Happy to look outside of HR best practice to take a fresh & progressive approach to drive high performing teams
- You bring exceptional interpersonal communication skills & a collaborative work style with the ability to build trust & credibility with senior leaders & stakeholders in an international environment
- Ideally with experience collaborating on a senior leadership team
- You lead by example with your own team, who admire & respect you
- CIPD qualified
- You want to be a key part of our mission to change the way people eat!
What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary & equity remuneration package
- 70% discount on our HelloFresh boxes!
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Headspace subscription to support your mental health
- Private Health Insurance
- Gym Membership
- Group Life Insurance
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Personal learning budget for your professional growth
- Lots of virtual workshops, talks & events for you to enjoy!
Start date: ASAP
Location: Flexible working location at either our Nuneaton production site (Bermuda Industrial Estate, 1 St Georges Way, Nuneaton CV10 7JS) or our central London office (60 Worship Street, EC2A 2EZ, London). Expectation would be to spend at least 3 days per week in our production sites with 1-2 days in our London office
Recruitment process: you will have a phone interview with our Talent Acquisition team; prepare a short case study; & have interviews with a member of our SMT, the UK COO, the UK CEO & the Global People SVP
We are convinced that diversity is what makes our teams stronger: whatever identity or background might be, you will have something invaluable to offer to this company. We want to know what it is! Please apply.
Please note that all our sites in the UK are wheelchair accessible