Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
We are strategic thinkers & problem solvers who are always searching for ways to enhance the experience of using Rent the Runway. Not only will you work collaboratively with the other designers, but also Product Managers, Product Marketers, UX Writers, Engineers, & other key stakeholders will be your strategic partners.
About the Job
As an Interaction Designer you will own the end-to-end UI design process including conducting user research, facilitating design-thinking activities with team members, designing the full UI / UX across multiple platforms (web & mobile), & working with engineering to implement & QA our designs.
What You'll Do
- Run meetings & design reviews. Bring together key ideas, decisions, issues, & action items in meeting notes.
- Track & report project health on a weekly basis, including communicating status & impending or projected deliverables.
- Negotiate priorities for the design team given limited resources & an ambitious schedule.
- Ensure timely handoff of design specifications to engineering groups.
- Review builds to ensure design integrity has remained intact during implementation.
- Constantly improve processes & communications in an ever-changing, fast-paced working environment.
- 3+ years as an interaction designer or producer in software design or an interactive agency.
- Experienced in consumer software development & product lifecycle.
- Successful experience in supporting multiple concurrent projects, across the various products.
- An excellent online portfolio showcasing user experience & visual design work for desktop & touch devices.
- Thorough understanding of integrating design, business, marketing, engineering & stakeholder teams to clarify project requirements, define design goals & strategy, execution, & delivery processes.
- Excellent written & verbal communication with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience working with Figma, Principle or other prototyping tools
- Experience building & maintaining design systems
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.