Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
Are you a Health Economics & Outcomes Research/HEOR professional who enjoys working on data, outcomes, & evidence creation of innovative technologies? Reprorting to the Director of Outcomes & Evidence, the Health Economist will design & conduct a variety of HEOR projects, provide support tokey product R&D,clinical, medical & commercial initiatives in Guardant Health. The role is instrumental to the Health Economics, decision modeling, & outcomes integration & management in the team. The successful applicant will support the development of data & evidence across the spectrum of observational prospective & retrospective research, reimbursement & payer evidence generation, economic modelling, the generation of novel scientific contributions to the field & academic publishing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to cross-functional team with responsibility for ensuring the successful development & deployment of the LUNAR program
- Implement health economic studies from inception to completion & publication, including creation of: Study Concept, Documents, Protocols, Analysis & Validation Plans, Study Reports, Abstracts & Manuscripts.
- Track the HEOR project plan, the timelines, & the deliverables across HEOR studies; Assure the deliverables are aligned with the strategic goals in a timely manner.
- Contribute to protocol development, analytics, & operational execution of prospective & retrospective observational research
- Design economic models (calculators, comparative cost effectiveness, budget impact, predictive cost consequence etc.) & conducts analyses of existing data, both independently & in collaboration with internal cross-functional teams, outside vendors & key opinion leaders.
- Prepare core economic models to support payer negotiations & advance the field of knowledge in the health economics of diagnostics; workwith Company local or international affiliates to adapt core economic models into different sectors in the US & ex-US countries.
- Conduct targeted or systematic literature review; implement meta-analyses; contribute to the development & maintainance of the Global Value Dossier.
- Review & critique medical & evidence-based outcomes literature & statistical analyses; contribute to the preparation & critique of academic scientific publications
- Able to analyze data within standard statistical software packages & prepare materials for presentation to specialist & generalist audiences
- Able to adapt to novel methodological approaches to outcomes research in a rapidly advancing field of study
- Engage with key opinion leaders (clinical, regulatory, economic & other) in a variety of settings both individually & as part of a team
- Interact & communicate to multiple departments within Guardant, able to inteprete key elements of the projects & results to broad audiences with different backgrounds.
- At least Master's degree in relevant field of study (health economics, decision sciences, economics, operational research, statistics, mathematics, epidemiology or other relevant)
- Experience of hands on programing & doing analytical research in a collaborative team/environment.
- Solid training in cost effectiveness analyses; proficient in Treeage and/or Crystal ball for decision modeling; hands-on project experience in decision tree & Markov modeling; knowledge & experience with dynamic modeling is preferred but not required.
- Strong capability in mining large databases. Familiar with large payer/claim data and/or EMR are highly desired.
- Proficient in R, SAS and/or STATA (certification is desired). Strong skills in descriptive analysis & multivariate modeling. Key statistical programing skills include linear regression, logistic regression, survival analyses, & propensity score matching. Strong skills in graphic interfaces.
- Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to both technical & non-technical audiences.Enjoy collaborative work; a natural team worker but also can work independently.
- Evidence of original scientific contribution to the field of health economics and/or outcomes research
- Software skills include Treeage, Excel, R and/or SAS.
- Doctorate Degrees inHealth Economics, Epidemiology, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research, Pharmacy Administration.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in biopharmaceuticals, biotechnology companies or payer environment is desried
- Rich project experience in:developing economic models & conducting observational research e.g. in claims data; PRO/HRQOL research including questionnaire design, evaluation, and/or analysis; economic modeling, statistical analysis, & observational research
- Advanced SAS programming certification
- Experience in Visual Basic
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking, & have intuition on conducting research; able to execute high quality HEOR projects & get them published in top tier journals.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
#LI-PD1#cancer #preventativemedicine #earlydetection #precisionmedicine #oncology #guardanthealth