About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Corporate Communications Manager to join our Brand team. The Brand team's mission is to bring our missionto take care of food, so food can take care of youto life. We build equity & consistency for the brand, create community & advocacy, & enrich the customer experience across every single customer touchpoint & channel.
We are seeking a strategic corporate communications expert to join our team. The Communications Manager will report to the VP of Communications & Brand Marketing. The ideal candidate is an independent self-starter with a strong work ethic & excellent written & verbal communication skills accompanied by the acumen required to be a well-rounded practitioner in the food & beverage space. That includes but is not limited to an understanding of sustainability, ESGs, executive visibility, thought leadership, advocacy & other corporate reputation best practices etc.
What youll do:
- Define, develop, & oversee corporate communications strategy including media relations
- Proactively & reactively establish & maintain relationships with local & national press & bloggers
- Prepare internal spokespeople for media interactions & public appearances
- Research & pitch our executive team for relevant speaking opportunities & events as well as developing thought leadership content pieces
- Develop & manage crisis communications as needed, liaising with both internal & external stakeholders, including key media
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree in Communications or related field
- 5+ years of experience - agency or in-house
- Must be a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) & willing to take on additional responsibilities when necessary
- Must have solid media contacts & demonstrated ability to maintain strong media relationships
- Proven ability to drive high impact placements with top-tier business publications
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate up & across to a variety of audiences
- Strong judgment & the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.