Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
What'sthejob?As part of the Network Processing Product Development organization, you will be responsible for system development, implementation, maintenance & support of Visa's Clearing & Settlement systems, which clear, settle, & deliver transactions to issuer & acquirer financial institutions globally. Through this challenging job, you will gain experience collaborating with various parts of the business in understanding requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement & implementing changes to the system where it is needed.The product that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
Whoarewelookingfor?You! We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with software development design experience. You are a great teammate, making sure that everyone on your team feels valued & is excited to work with you. Location, time pressure, distractions, none of it matters: no matter the environment, you know you can code & build amazing, high-performing, & bug-free products.
Experience in Java, Spring, SQL & Linux is necessary. You lead & encourage others to take risks, be bold, & innovate in order to create exceptional products that are both seamless for our clients & consumer facing. No matter the challenge, you know you can find a solution & encourage others to think the same. You recognize when to ask for help & when to collaborate with others, working across departments & influencing in areas beyond immediate control. Above all, you are someone who takes initiative & thinks like an owner - you've defined your everywhere & lead others to find theirs all while launching Visa ahead of the game.
Whyus?Working at Visa is challenging. The problems that we face & solve & the decisions that we make affect the world. Visa is all about helping people around the world reach their Everywhere, the place where their personal, professional & financial goals intersect. As the premier payments technology company, we're proud to boast that our commerce platforms touch the lives of billions, all over the globe. If you have ambition, focus & drive, & are interested in joining a global team focused on changing the way the world pays & is paid, you'll find your everywhere at Visa.
- Design & develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability & performance for Visa's critical Clearing & Settlement systems
- Work on development of new products & enhancements to existing systems iteratively by building quick POCs & converting ideas into real products
- Independently, applies engineering best practice to realize identified non-functional requirements.
- Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document & implement new programs & subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, & corrections to existing software.
- Work closely with architects, business & technical stakeholders to develop high quality products & services that meet business requirements & expectations while applying the latest available tools & technology.
- Instill best practices for software development, & deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Work to ensure technology decisions are "business" driven.
- Suggest & cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to new products & services.
- Must be able to understand the positioning of a solution within the company & to build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards, processes & systems.
- Provide rotational on-call support as scheduled.
- 8+ Years of application design & development experience.
- Understanding & working experience with Spring & Hibernate frameworks.
- Working experience with Soap & REST web services.
- Knowledge & working experiencewith messaging technologies like MQ, Kafka.
- Knowledge & working experience on Git/Stash, Ant, Maven, Jenkins & Jira.
- Experience in applying modern Agile Software Development practices is required.
- Experience with database technologies likeMySQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
- Experience in MicroServices development is a plus.
- Experience building payment processing or funds transfer systemsis a plus.
- Experience with designing & developing solutions for highly scalable, highly available complex systems, preferably in the payment systems or other financial services industry.Capable of designing & delivery of one or more components of a project.
- Must be proficient at communicating design to other engineers for delivery.
- Must be able to provide oversight & guidance to team members responsible for delivery of components specified by the engineer's design.
- Strong problem determination skills & ability to resolve critical issues for complex systems under tight timeframes using dumps & other tools.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task & handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should possess excellent planning & organizational skills.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
- Must be able to write technical design & build documentation for all aspects of a technical infrastructure.
- Good interpersonal & facilitation skills.
- Ability to represent technical & business issues & solutions to multiple levels internally & externally to support strategic organizational plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent career experience is required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.