Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide at home access to live streaming & on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors & content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind & body all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks & continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
Provide senior level expertise in areas of environmental, occupational health & safety (EHS), risk management, & workers compensation management across various business units in the UK. Assist the operations to maintain compliance with all applicable EHS requirements. Aid business units in actions to eliminate worker injuries, vehicle accidents & associated costs. Works closely with the Global EHS team & Functional Leadership on all safety related topics.
- Deploy Pelotons RIDE TO SAFETY program across UK Studio, Field Ops, HQ, & Retail operations
- Perform EHS legal compliance assessments & implement corrective actions
- Serve as the EHS champion for the incident management system
- Oversee Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives for all facilities in the geographic area of responsibility
- Manage the SDS/Hazard Communication program
- Manage & perform the planning, training, inspection, reporting & recordkeeping requirements for all safety compliance programs
- Develop & implement training efforts for EHS related activities throughout the enterprise
- Manage the preparation & submittal of safety-related agency regulatory reports
- Provide engaging health & safety leadership to the facility employees
- Lead Executive, Regional, & Employee Safety Committees
- Develop & support strategic initiatives designed to produce best in class EHS performance
- Act as the business unit champion for the Zero Incidents initiatives
- Lead the tracking & assessment of safety requirements & metrics
- Advise business group leadership teams on strategy deployment progress & challenges
- Train & Assist site managers, supervisors & employees in the development & implementation of long & short-range planning, policies, programs & objectives.
- Develop auditing protocols to ensure that consistent, best-in-class results & compliance are followed to enable operational excellence. Prepare reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action
- Conduct & document annual compliance inspections.
- Support the development & deployment of task risk assessments & job safety analyses of all worksite activities & lead actions for controls & countermeasures.
- Observe workers to determine proper use of prescribed safety equipment & procedures. Train & demonstrate proper use of safety equipment.
- Investigate incidents (including injuries, property damage, near misses, releases, & losses) to determine root cause & prepare/direct corrective action plans.
- Acts as regional champion for implementation of risk reduction controls.
- Update the teams on changes of the occupational health & safety laws & regulations & ensure compliance
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-7 years of progressive EHS Management experience
- Ability to travel to various Peloton operational locations (approximately 30% travel)
- Knowledge of warehouse operations & fleet management procedures, risks & controls
- Highly organized with a relentless attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to influence management, teams & individuals across multiple functions within the organization
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines & priorities in a fast paced environment
- Effective verbal & written communication skills; able to train/present to an executive level audience
- Health & Safety Certification to an internationally recognised standard or working towards a recognised international health & safety accreditation (CSP, CMIOSH or equivalent)
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.