Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Research conducts applied & fundamental research, & was created to lead the company in pushing
the boundaries of payment related technologies on a global scale. We engage with the company's numerous technology & product teams, world-wide business partners, academics, & governments, to explore & develop technologies that will shape the future of the payments industry & impact the lives of billions of people.
We are currently focused on building world-class research teams in three key areas: Security, Data
Analytics, & Future of Payment, & we are looking for outstanding & innovative researchers at all levels of experience as part of the founding Security Research team.
Working on data research at Visa is a unique opportunity at a time when the payments industry is undergoing a digital transformation, & with security technologies as the critical enabler for a growing number of emerging payment models & usage scenarios. We offer you the opportunity to be at the center of innovation in the payments industry & set the security direction for Visa & the future payment ecosystem.
As a Research Scientist you will work with a team to conduct world-class security research & contribute to the long-term research agenda for digital payments, as well as deliver innovative technologies & insights to Visa's strategic products & business. As an integral team member of the extended Research team, you will work on research & development activities with fellow researchers, & work closely with product & technology teams to ensure the successful creation & application of disruptive & innovative security technologies.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to make key contributions to Visa's strategic vision as the world-leading digital payments company. The successful candidate must have an outstanding academic track record in fundamental & applied research with participation in developing innovations. The candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, & excellent collaboration skills.
- Research & develop cutting-edge technologies across a large spectrum of disciplines.
- Advance the development & integration of big data infrastructure that is highly scalable, efficient, extensible, & secure.
- Deliver high-impact intellectual property values through research publications & patents.
- Collaborate with team members to deliver innovative technologies, insights & products to Visa business units to resolve their significant product pain-points & create new growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with our partners in academia, industry & government on key initiatives to advance our security research agenda.
- Work with team members & cross-functional teams (internal/external) that include representation from Technology, Product, Operations, Market Research, etc.
- Foster in-depth & productive relationships at all levels with team members & clients internally & externally.
- 2+ years industryresearch experience
- PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field with a focus in fraud detection
- Research experience at well-knownindustry research labs.
- Strong track record in research publications & impact in the research community.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box & innovate.
- Demonstrated research project/program management experience is a plus.
- Experience in payments or related industry is a plus.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.